Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What shall we celebrate?

It's August 1st and besides it being one month until my sister's wedding, it is a new month of Tara Holidays. What is that you ask? Over at Tara's blog, she starts each month with giving us all something to celebrate each and every day of the month. Some of you may know this already, but for some of you, this may be new to you. I am going to try to participate more this month and I will start by posting this month's calendar. Here ya go...

If some of these don't make sense, they may have to do with fellow bloggers. Yeah...you're out of the loop.

1. What I'd Do If I Had a Pet Monkey Day
2. Make a Piece of Jewelry out of Office Supplies Day
3. Eat Nothing But Your Favorite Food All Day Day
4. Blog About Your Most Cherished Childhood Possession Day
5. Brag About Your City Day
6. Civic Holiday (Canada) - Observed the First Monday in August
7. Wayne Knight's (aka Newman) Birthday (1955)
8. Cat Appreciation Day
9. Dress Up In Drag Appreciation Day
10. The Big Hairy Man's 50th Birthday!!
11. Birthday Boozefest 2007 Appreciation Day
12. Tell Someone a Secret Day
13. He-Man day
14. She-Ra Day
15. Writer's Block Awareness Day
16. Ksra’s Birthday!!
17. Pencil Day
18. National Homeless Animal Day/Ed Norton's Birthday (1969)
19. Aviation Day, National US (in Observance of Orville Wright's birthday)
20. Buy Yourself A Cheap Toy for Work Day
21. Dance Like Mick Jagger Day (Tim Goes to See "The Rolling Stones")
22. Find a Random Object in Your Home and Blog About It
23. "I Dream of Genie" Day/Barbara Eden's Birthday (1934)
24. Superglue Appreciation Day/Steve Guttenberg's Birthday (1958)
25. Dinah's Birthday!!
26. Women's Equality Day (a.k.a. Susan B. Anthony Day)
27. Conserve Energy Day
28. Speak Jibberish Day
29. Play Your Favorite Song Again Day/Ingrid Bergman's Birthday (1915)
30. National Toasted Marshmallow Day
31. Van Morrison's Birthday (1945)

There are some good ones on there for sure. As you can see, today is "What I'd do if I had a pet monkey day." This is right up my alley. I have always loved monkeys and wished I had one as a pet. So what would I do personally with one? Probably just try to teach him to do as many things as I could. I mean, these guys are friggin' brilliant. We'd start with, "Don't fling poo."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would train the monkey to throw poo at my command. It would be cool to have a personal assistant like that.

The TaraDays are spreading everywhere.

Anonymous said...

I like this concept...I think I'll use it my blog too. How about "Save Water, Lick Your Car Clean Day?

Tara said...

Hey, thanks Mr.Manuel!

Were you the person who suggested the monkey day?

Crazy Bitch said...

I would never have a pet monkey! They're too smart! It's why they fling poo! I'd probably end up slapping it around! (just kidding, I'm an animal lover. But I'd be slapping it in my mind!)

Jose said...

"I Dream of Genie" Day/Barbara Eden's Birthday (1934)

I still dream with Genie.