Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Top Five Tuesday #15

I am stealing this idea from some DJs in the area who did this a few weeks ago. I heard it and thought it would be perfect for a Top Five Tuesday. I am always full of ideas when it come to food. So, here we go...

What are the top 5 foods that you can find in the freezer at your grocery store?


#5 - Frozen lasagna - Yeah, you can't really microwave it. You have to put it in the oven and wait a little less than an hour (a lot less than the prep time for a homemade one). But, this frozen treat is the king of quick family get togethers. Pop a few of these into the oven and you have a quick meal to feed many.





#4 - Hot Pockets - The Ham and Cheese are my favorites. The yummy insides mixed with the flaky crust on the outside make for an outstanding snack.








#3 - Ben 'n Jerry's Ice Cream - Is there anything better than sitting down with a pint of your favorite flavor? If you can think of something better, let me know.








#2 - Frozen Burritos - Oh lovely frozen burrito, how I love you so. Pop a couple of these into the microwave and Manuel is one happy guy.






#1 - Frozen Taquitos - I NEVER get tired of these. I used to eat these by the handful as a teenager growing up. I have recently discovered the flour tortilla taquitos at the market which are to die for. And with the amount of calories they have, they probably will kill you, but try to ignore that part...

So what are you favorite frozen foods?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the frozen pizza rolls, tater tots, and Digiorno pizza is actually very good.

I am not a big ice cream person, but the red, white, and blue popsicles are the best frozen sweet things.

Tara said...

"Hot Pockets!"..Jim Gaffigan talks about those all the time. I've never tried them, though.

Ben & Jerry's ice cream is my favorite: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Cup

Michelle said...

Edamame is so delicious. I make it all the time. I also love Digiornos...now I'm hungry dammit!

Anonymous said...

Yum, I'm hungry. I also like frozen potstickers...

laura b. said...

The items you listed, or very similar, are staples in my household. Without frozen foods my life would be much more difficult.

Jose said...

Oh man, I can have some of those taquitos and a burrito right now and to wash it down that ice cream would hit the spot. Can you tell I'm hungry, I'm still an hour and a half away from food. grrrr.