Saturday, August 11, 2007

Oh no!!!

Something that I thought would never happen to me has happened. In fact, it never even crossed my mind that I would go in this direction. I am addicted to shoes! Now, despite my addiction, I haven't gone on a shopping spree and bought any yet, but the collector's urge is there. This is odd for me as I generally buy a new pair of shoes every 5 or so years. Yes, I have one pair of tennis shoes and they are at least 5 years(but still in good condition as I wear sandals a lot). So what started this craze?

Well, the other day I saw on a website that Nike was going to be releasing some limited edition Freddy Krueger shoes. I saw these pictures and I wanted to investigate further...





So, I started looking into the shoes further and I found out that there is a whole subculture of these limited edition shoes. Websites after websites and even conventions. So I looked into what else was recent and coming soon and I found tons I would want...


Transformers shoes - colors based on Optimus Prime, and what looks to be Starscream and Galvatron.


The Pee Wee Herman shoes...


Oscar the Grouch




A new set of Charles Barkley shoes. They will be releasing a couple of different shoes for each team he ever played for from High School til he retired. Here are two of the Phoenix Suns and Auburn University shoes.





Motley Crue - Doctor Feelgood edition



Guns n Roses


Metallica - These may be my favorite simply because I am most likely to wear these...



Yeah, many of them are pretty ugly. I get that. I don't think you buy these shoes simply because they look good. Ugly or not, I would wear them with pride. Let the games begin?

Going camping for a few days tomorrow... see you all midweek.

13 comments:

Sharon said...

This could turn out to be a pretty expensive addiction.

I actually like the "Oscar the Grouch" ones!

Anonymous said...

I could definitely do the "Air Freddies", they are sharp looking. They look cool and the tread on them things looks awesome.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Um, let's NOT let the games begin, Mr. Collection. You don't have to have everything you think is cool...

laura b. said...

I have a friend who sees shoes as works of art. Nothing wrong with doing a little selective collecting.

Anonymous said...

My husband who plays lots of sports, is also addicted to shoes. He has more shoes than I have.
I know trouble is coming when I see the newspaper ad for Big 5 or Chick's Sporting Goods laying around on the coffee table, shoe ads facing up...

Mom said...

Those aren't actually bad looking shoes. I think the Transformers are a bit bright but not bad in the scope of things. I know how you are with collections, so just make sure it is something you would wear! I love my little boy!
Have fun camping!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Love the shoes... I bet they can be quite pricey....I like the Oscar The Grouch shoes....

Tara said...

Those Freddy Krueger shoes are really great, I like them.

Jose said...

I'm like you, one pair every 5 years and I think I will keep my old ways.

Michelle said...

YES...finally you embrace the wonders of shoes...I have over 300 pairs myself...we could share!

dmarks said...

Gonna have to face it, you're addicted to shoes.

MrManuel said...

Sharon - They're cute

Evil - Definitely!

Mrs - Whatever!


LB - I totally agree!


Sonja - I don't even bother with hints!

Mom - I am like a little boy

babybull - Yes, VERY pricey

Tara - Yeah, I want those!

Jose - Yeah, just easier that way.

Sushi - Holy Jesus!

Dmarks - Classic!

Anonymous said...

My nephew loves the Transformer shoes!

Coleman Sleeping Bags