Friday, October 27, 2006

Book review and a new photoshop pic

I finished Beach Road last night. Not a bad book. I quite enjoyed it. Basically, it is a murder mystery with all the court room drama in the last third of the book. If you are into that kind of book, you will really enjoy it. The twist ending is a good one. It didn't make my jaw drop like it did to Jessica who read this right before me, but it was definitely not an ending that I saw coming at all. I should probably start giving my books ratings if I am going to be doing these book reviews. On a scale of one to ten, I'd give it about a 7. A good fast read.

Played with a photoshop tutorial today that I found online. This tutorial aimed to take a photo, and make it look like it is graffiti on a wall.

So I took these two pictures:


...and turned it into this:


I know I am new to this whole photoshop thing, but I think I am getting better. I think for Christmas, I am going to ask for a photoshop tutorial book for beginners that has LOTS of pictures. I work better with pictures. I have a photoshop book, but it is nothing but text, and am having a hard time getting into it.

BTW, if you haven't tried your hand at the movie quote quiz on the post below, be sure to give it a try. Have a good weekend everybody.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great! You are getting better. Do you think they have Photoshop for Dummies? LOL!
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Wow, cool graffiti effect.
I am a Photoshop Total Novice. Actually I downgraded from Photoshop CS to Photoshop Elements. It was just more than I needed. You are getting good at it!!

Anonymous said...

I read Deception Point last year. Wasn't what I thought it would be. Good, but unexpected. Let me know what you tnink when you are done.

Anonymous said...

Nice job with the photoshop!!! I too am trying to learn it, and have been improving a bit. There seems to be a bunch of great free tutorials online. Although I usually goof them up which leaves me with an insane burning rage. Haha, they're fun though when you figure it out.

npanth said...

Nice! but the Kings? Gafaaw :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job son!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Deception Point was SOOOOO good! I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Jose said...

Wow, virtual taggin'

I have read all four of Dan Brown's books, they were all very entertaining.

MrManuel said...

Nani - If they have it, I might need it!

Sonja - Thanks. I am even lower than a novice so it makes me happy when people like my stuff.

Kel - I'll let you know...

Seb - Yeah, I look for tutorials online. But they always seem to have one step where I have no idea what they are talking about...

Npanth - Watch it guy!

Mom - Thanks!

Wife - I'll let you know...

Jose - This is his last book I have yet to read. Looking forward to starting it.