Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Control your f'n kid!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Jessica and I were at the gym tonight, finishing up our workout by doing the eliptical machine(missed you again mom and sis!). There was a kid, probably about 10 years old by my estimations on the treadmill in front of us. At first, he would jog about 10 seconds, and then jump up and hang on the handlebars for a while. He kept doing that and I whispered to Jessica that I hope he falls. Then, he stood on the rails and turned up the speed on the treadmill as fast as it would go. I think the machine started to shake from never hitting this speed before. Finally, his mother, who was on a machine a few down from me, told him to turn it off and get down. Did he stop? Of course not. She repeated, no joke, like 5 times before he turned the speed down. She continued to to tell him to get off it, obviously because he was still in trouble from playing on it in the first place. Did he get off it? Of course not. He started jogging on it, turning to laugh at her each time she told him to get off. He never did get off the machine even though she told him a total of about 15 times.

So, the kid is a little shit. You could just tell. But really, how can you NOT blame the mother as well? Why should he listen? It is obvious that she has nothing but empty threats and he knows that. Why should he get down if he already knows the mother has NO follow through? I know I am not a parent and have no parenting experience, but it sure seems like a GOOD parent could do a little better in this situation. Maybe if he had fallen and broken a bone, she would have figured it out...

8 comments:

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Like I told you at the gym - once it became clear my kid wasn't listening, I would have got my ass off the eliptical, grabbed the little turd by the ear and dragged him off the treadmill. Seriously, that's the problem with today's kids - lack of parental control and followthrough makes for kids who think they can do anything. I'm not a parent but it seems SO obvious to me...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good argument for condoms. This is the kind of parent that if the kid had fallen off the treadmill and hurt himself, you better believe she would have sued the gym.

Anonymous said...

I wish he had fallen too but you are right - she probably would have sued. I have seen young ones at the gym as well and I'm surprised. I think under a certain age they either can not use the equipment without a parent right next to them or even better, not at all. You are right though - the kid is that way because he knows there is no follow through. Anyways - Cass and I went on Tuesday for a bit but she is still not really feeling that great and I went to Sam's Club with Dad. Thanks for missing us!

Crazy Bitch said...

That mom needs to watch "Supernanny" if she's afraid to wack the little bugger!

It is also obvious to me what to do. Just as you said, Jess!

Anonymous said...

Kids annoy me. But I think I still want one. Someday.

Go Fig.

Anonymous said...

"I hope that his pants get caught and a blood bath inssues"

Anonymous said...

Sorry, double fault... inssues = ensues.

MrManuel said...

Wife - Seems obvious to me too

Sonja - You are right, she probably would have sued. Good point.

Mom - Gym ditchers!

CB - She needs a good kick in the butt.

Val - Hey, you got a comment to work!!

LaChou - Sounds like a good plan...

Lunchbox - Classic line!