Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Few Things in the World of Jessica

Today was my last day at the hospital. It was actually a really nice day - not busy at all. In fact, I didn't get my first patient until 830. She was very nice and we had a beautiful delivery of a little boy at 1155. Then I hung out, had lunch, opened gifts from my coworkers (a Starbucks mug and a $50 gift card and a pumpkin-scented 4 wick candle in a cute ceramic pumpkin), and ate ice cream cake. I even got to come home early, which was a blessing seeing as how I have to go to the new work in the morning and still had laundry and other things to do. All in all it was a fantastic last day and I am thankful for the generosity and well wishes of my coworkers. I will miss them tremendously.

The new job starts tomorrow. I'm going to HR in Rancho for the first half of the day, then to the clinic for the last half. I have to do my "compliance training," whatever that is, before I can work in the clinic, so I'll do that in the morning so I can work in the clinic the rest of the week. Then next week, the week of the 9th, I have new employee orientation at HR in Rancho the whole week. No clinic work that week. It will suck and be boring but I'll be getting paid to sit there. Can't complain about that... I'll keep you updated.

The following story I told to Manuel today and he said, after laughing, "That's a story for the blog." So here it is...

On my way home from work, I was stopped at a light next to a car whose license plate read "DBAGMAN." I was curious - was his last name Bagman, first initial D or was he "the bagman?" I scooted up to get a look at him, like that would somehow answer my question for me. He was on the phone, holding it with his right hand (I was on the right) so I couldn't see his face. I did notice though, while looking over, that a woman was sitting in the passenger seat. I couldn't see her face because she was leaning back and was blocked by that solid part of car between the front passenger window and the back. I was looking ahead, waiting for the light to change, when I noticed she was looking at me. I looked over and I am not lying when I say that she was THE MOST unattractive woman I've ever seen in my whole entire life. She was UGLY - and I rarely call people flat-out ugly because it's not nice but my God she was ugly. Honestly it took everything I had to not make a face of shock and surprise when I saw her.

The point of the story? I now know what "DBAGMAN" means - he wants her to wear a bag on her head.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a nice send off from the hospital. Can't wait to hear all about your new adventures.

Jose said...

Oh, the excitement and anticipation of a new job, and then the pain in the butt because of so many forms to be filled. Good luck on the new job.

npanth said...

Maybe he's even uglier and has the plate because he wears the bags in the family? lol

Anonymous said...

that is a hilarious story. Hope to hear about your first days at work!

Anonymous said...

All my best wishes on your new job! Lucky future coworkers!