Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tasteless...

I'm speechless. This is about as tasteless as you can get. You have to read this utter grbage...

From Washingpost.com:

Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh today attacked actor Michael J. Fox for inserting his halting voice into the U.S. Senate campaign in Missouri, suggesting Fox was "acting" in a commercial where he's shown shaking while endorsing the importance of stem cell research.

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners today, encouraging them to go online to watch Fox's commercial, which first aired Oct. 21 in St. Louis during a World Series game. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act."

The ads bear witness to the actor's unmistakable decline from Parkinson's, which the actor has suffered from for a long time, and harnesses that physical degeneration into a political message.

"What you do in Missouri matters to millions of Americans, Americans like me," Fox said in the television spot, which will continue airing throughout Missouri this week.

"This is the only time I've ever seen Michael J. Fox portray any of the symptoms of the disease he has," Limbaugh said. "He can barely control himself."

Limbaugh said Fox could "control himself enough to stay in the frame of the picture" and to keep "his eyes right on the . . . teleprompter. But his head and shoulders are moving all over the place."

"He is acting like his disease is deteriorating because Jim Talent opposes research that would help him get cured," Limbaugh said, adding that Talent only opposes "fetal stem cell research, but not adult."

"This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox," Limbaugh said. "Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."


HOLY CRAP! Did he just say that? I mean really, does it get much worse than that? What a fucking asshole...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually heard some of his show today. I heard "Michael J Fox" and left it on for a bit. I don't like Rush and usually turn him off. I think he is brash and a jerk most of the time. Poor Mike.

npanth said...

Rush has said many things that I don't agree with and many things that disgust me. When I first heard this, it didn't seem like that much of a stretch for him, and that says as much as his comments, I suppose. Political operatives always show their meanest colors just before an election.
In Rush's case, I think his vitriole and frustration may only increase after November 7 ;)

Anonymous said...

I am upset by this! I have watched Michael J Fox since he was young and it has saddened me to see this horrible disease affect him the way it has. I have seen the deterioation of his physical health. For anyone to say that someone is faking for any reason is horrible. He says this is the only time he has seen him portray any of these symptoms. What an ass - just because he himself hasn't seen him he thinks he can make a statement like that. I hope he gets a lot of flack for this. Say what he wants about Michael because of his views -- but not about his disease. That is just someone who is pond scum!

Crazy Bitch said...

As an avid fan of Michael J Fox, and having watched Jenn's mother in law suffer and die from Parkinson's I must say that that man Rush Limbaugh is a waste of skin! People really do shake with this disease! He just wants publicity because he's a "has been."

Anonymous said...

UGH! I try not to judge anyone. I really do. But Rush Limbaugh is such a contemptible human being (I use that term very, very loosely).
I heard a report weeks before this story that Michael J. Fox has been experiencing severe symptoms lately that have caused him to curtail his work. So now this asshole Rush Limbaugh, hypocrite deluxe, has the nuts to say something like this. Let me make one thing clear. I detest the conservative stance and I cannot understand how these neocons get away with this shit. How come
Limbaugh wasn't skewered for his drug addiction problem - God knows he would smear anyone else with the same difficulties.
I can't wait to wreak my revenge on the Republican party in the voting booth next week!!!! These guys need to driven back under the rocks they came from.
(Sorry for the cussing. I rarely curse, but this is a hot button topic for me)

Anonymous said...

This was over the top, even for Rush. The complaint that he was exaggerating or off his meds is asinine. First, if he was off his meds, so what? Do the sick required to take pills so their infirmaries are less disturbing to us? Maybe he Fox owes Limbaugh something and I'm not aware of it. He's got no duty to show us only the most pleasant side of his illness. But I think it's crap anyway. Second, to me at least, he looked like every other person with Parkinson's I’ve seen, so I have no reason to think he was acting. Moreover, even if he was acting...it was a commercial? Who do you hire to do commercials? Actors? What is Rush saying, that Parkinson's isn't bad? It's only bad if you exaggerate it? Why bother curing it because if they take their meds they should be able to stay still and out of sight?

I appreciate that the ad puts his political position in a tough spot. If you're against research that could potentially cure various diseases, it must be a real drag to have to see people afflicted with those diseases.

MrManuel said...

Nani - Most of the time? lol

Npanth - Yeah, he pisses off a lot of people

Mom - Who made him an expert huh?

CB - Waste of skin indeed!

Snnja - I like cussing!

BR - Yeah, I think it is a brilliant ad.