Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Book Review

Finished World War Z last night. WOW! What a FANTASTIC book. This book is basically a zombie book, but it is SO much more. The style of the book is not your usual start to finish narrative. The books begins(I'm not giving anything away here)with the author explaining that what follows are all the personal narratives he got while interviewing people across the world. The war against the zombies that ended 10 years ago affected people greatly so he goes around interviewing various people on their point of view. This is not really a horror book by any means. Many of the interviews are touching and really show many facets of the human spirit. The author's views on politics are clear as he writes of government ignoring the warning signs and abandoning the people. He writes of people trying to take advantage of the situation. He basically describes how everyone around the world discovered the zombies, how they reacted, and what they did to combat it. All of this is done soley in interview and personal narrative fashion. I HIGHLY recommend this book to everyone. You like horror books, there is something there for you. You like war books, there is something there for you. Like stories about people overcoming obstacles and the truimph of the human spirit, there is something there for you. Don't just discount this book as a simple zombie book as you will be missing a lot. If anyone decides to read it, let me know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting, but you know how I am in reading. I am so behind in my reading right now as it is. I bought the new Grisham book last week, but haven't even touched it yet. If I only didn't watch so much TV I might have a chance. Good review because it really makes me want to read it!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

The parts that you read to me (before we realized it was due back at the library so soon) were SOOOOOO good. I was sad that we had to quit reading it out loud.

Anonymous said...

Wow I saw this book at Barnes & Noble and wondered about it. Now that you've given it such a big thumbs up, I think I'll get it for my hubby for Christmas. He loves war stories and zombies too.

Jose said...

I have never read this author. I do like Grisham though. What kind of writing does do?

Crazy Bitch said...

How do they become zombies? Do they get migraine after migraine?

I just finished a book. A romance novel. It was great because it also included a haunted mansion theme! Us Libras just can't resist the cheese!

Anonymous said...

I love me some zombies! And touching stories.

MrManuel said...

Mom - You SHOULD read it. Turn off the tv!

Mrs - Sorry I couldn't read the whole thing to you..

Sonja - Hope he likes it

Jose - I believe this is only his second book, both about zombies. He is the son of Mel Brooks.

CB - I'll skip the romance novel, thanks!

Val - Check it out, I think you'll like it.