Monday, November 27, 2006

About damn time....

Yes, I am back and I apologize for being away so long. Here is what happened: As you may remember, I was sick a few weeks back. Well, over three weeks later, I am starting to get better. I developed bronchitis and it just made me feel pretty crappy. I wasn't down and out sick, but energy was low. In the middle of all that, I got my Playstation 3. Well, besides playing games, it also has wireless internet access. After opening it up, I attempted to get the wireless to work. I messed with my router and with some tinkering by me, I not only managed to not get my internet on the Playstation working, but lost my internet on my laptop as well. It wasn't until a few days ago that a friend of mine got everything back up again. So now, everything is back to normal. I feel way behind though. I haven't checked everyone's blog in almost 2 weeks, in addition to the countless entertainment websites I browse on a daily basis. But I am back. I know I am too far behind to catch up with all of what I have missed, but I promise that I am back on a regular basis, both here and on your respective blogs.

So what else has happened lately:

A couple of weeks ago, Jess and I, with the help of my sis, threw a surprise 30th wedding anniversary party for my folks. We rented a hall, invited people from as far as 8 hours away, and had a GREAT party. It was fun to have so many people together for the first time in a long time. Some pictures from the fun event:





















Thanksgiving was a great time as usual, preceded by the annual Turkey Bowl - tackle football with my friends. Well, it used to be with my friends. Each year, more drop out and we have to bring in other people to fill numbers. It feels like the game might be reaching its end unfortunately. My injuries weren't quite as bad this year. If you remember from last year, I scraped up my leg and that led to blood poisoning and a nasty infection. Look back a year if you want to see the pictures. This year, just some bruises. Some bad bad bruises, but just bruises nonetheless. I hope this picture doesn't disgust you too much!

That one on my chest hurt like a son of a bitch and actually ended up looking worse than pictured here. Maybe I am getting to old for this...







That is it for now, but damnit, I'm back!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH OWW, hope you at least had fun.
Great pictures of the party. We all had a great time. It was a big family reunion and it was wonderful.
Glad you are back. I missed you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, nasty bruises. I saw those photos and got worried, thinking crap, this is why he hasn't been blogging, he was terribly injured! Well, glad things are working again and that you've gotten over the bronchitis. How's the Playstation by the way? Any cool games?

Anonymous said...

The party was a great success. I had so much fun and even Mike had a lot of fun....he never has any fun....well he better have fun at our wedding!
Turkey Bowl was fun to watch, but each year I know less and less people. I used to know all of your friends that played and on Thanksgiving I didn't really know anybody it was really sad.
Your bruises are nasty. I can't believe that a simple elbow did that....well I kind of can because on UFC people fuck other people up with their elbows pretty badly. Get well bro and take of yourself. I'll have to go over and try out that guitar game of yours soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are back as well. I missed your words. If I haven't told you enough - the party was a blast. You guys did such a wonderful job and even though I had a hunch - that is different that actually knowing. We were definitely surprised. It was the best anniversary we could have ever hoped for. Your bruises are awful. I think it might definitely be time to stop. It was fun before when it was just a bunch of friends getting together but it has changed - the bruises are not worth it. Love you!

MrManuel said...

Nani - Glad to be back!

Seb - I'll review my PS3 sometime this week.

POM - I didn't take any pics of my cousins with my camera...sorry.

Cass - Yeah, you have to come play. Thanks for helping with the party.

Mom - Glad you enjoyed the party.