Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A simple experiment

Today I was looking at my site meter to see the new fun ways that people have found my website lately. There were some crazy ones, but I am going to skip listing them this time. The point of my post is, sometimes, it doesn't make any sense how they got to my website based on what they typed. If I wrote one post on "television" and one post on "dogs", someone who searches for "dogs on television" will find my site. It doesn't make sense, but that is how it goes sometimes. I didn't write a post on different dogs on television, but they still end up on my site. So, it made me think, if I type out a bunch of random words that people might be interested in, will the amount of people visiting go up. I am not looking just to get my numbers up. I don't really care so much about winning any popularity contests. I have my loyal readers and if I happen to get more, so be it. I am just curious if a random headline would make the sitemeter spike dramatically from a bunch of random nonsense. So without further ado, "Scientist admits on tape that the female sex chromosome of a hairy chinchilla can be found in the DNA of Jessica Simpson." Yes, random, but there are of course some certain key words that might drive my site meter bonkers. Or not. Like I said, it is just a test.

Because you got this far, here is the teaser for the new Harry Potter:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm so excited for the new Harry Potter to come out. Is it July yet?

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to see how your experiment turns out. Thanks for the trailer. I'm excited!

Jose said...

I have read all the books except the last one as I have been lazy but I really like the movies. Normally movies don't do the books justice but the Harry Potter movies have in my opinion been very entertaining. Can't wait until July 13th, my daughter and I already have the day reserved to go see it.

Anonymous said...

I don't really care for the Harry Potter movies that much. I've seen them but YAWN! I don't know why.

MrManuel said...

Cass and Mom - I am so excited too.

Jose - That last book was SOOOOO good. Read it!

Nani - Communist!!!