Thursday, November 30, 2006

6 weird things about me

I was tagged by Sebastian to do a 6 weird things about me post. As I had really nothing to write about tonight, and I am trying to write everyday this week, I'll go with this. Damnit though, I have to think about what is weird about me. Sorry Battlerocker, I know you have tuned out already! Damn memes!

1. I can crush a soda can and break a pencil with my toes alone. Yes, my toes are both freakishly strong and ape-like. If I am barefoot, I NEVER bend down to pick anything up. I just simply grab it with my toes and lift it up.

2. I enjoy getting boxers. Not just regular boxers though, fun boxers. All the boxers in my drawer have some sort of print on them - Simpsons, super heroes, movies, etc.

3. My toe nails grow funky. Instead of growing staright out, they curl down around my toes. That is why they are always long. They curl around my toes and I never realize they are long. By the way, and this is the truth, my feet NEVER smell.

4. I am 28 years old and afraid of the dark. It's true. When Jessica used to work night shift, I used to have to sleep with the tv on simply because it couldn't be totally dark when I was going to sleep.

5. I often get told by women that they are jealous of my eyelashes. By now I am used to it, but it used to be embarassing when a female would call her friends over to show off my eyelashes. No, I don't use mascara. They are natural.

6. I hate to eat anything that gets my hands dirty. Ribs...I won't eat them because my hands are constantly dirty. When I eat pizza, I pick up the piece, take a bite, set it down, and wipe my hands. I repeat this for EVERY bite. I don't like the grease on my hand so I go throuhg a lot of napkins when I eat. Jessica thinks it is cute that I ALWAYS pack a napkin when I eat.

There ya go. My six things. I won't tag anyone, but if anyone else feels like doing this, go right ahead...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's cool about the boxers. Can never have enough super hero/Simpsons stuff. Well, at least that's what I think! I just received a couple letters the past days and the stamps were really cool, super hero stamps! You seen those?

Anonymous said...

Lets see I don't know if these are really weird, but here they are:
1) Like my brother, I too am afraid of the dark. I always sleep with my tv on or a nightlight. I think I'm so scared of the dark though because my brother used to hid in his dark room and then jump out at me when I walked down the hallway....ya that scarred me for life.
2) I too can pick things up with my toes most of the time because I'm too lazy to bend over, but I can't break things in half. My brother really can break a pencil with his toes I've seen it with my own two eyes. It's amazing.
3) I always have to do everything with my left foot first. I have to put my left leg first into my pants, put my left sock or shoe on first.
4) When I'm scared I plug my ears instead of closing my eyes. So like when I go see scary movies I just plug my ears....trust me it works....and people used to make fun of me...
5) I always have to buy my weekly gossip magazines. US Weekly and Life and Style. If I don't get them I don't know what to do with myself.
6)I'm always writing myself notes. Like at work I'm always writing myself sticky notes. They are all over my desk.
7) I like to wear dark nail polish not only because it's fashionable but because my fiance absolutely hates it. Is that wrong that I like to make him mad?

Anonymous said...

I've seen your feet Manuel. They are frightening. Good thing they don't stink. That would make them just evil.
We all know why you are afraid of the dark Manuel and Cassie. It's the ghosts in your house that have scared you.
I also plug my ears at scary stuff Cassie. Been doing that since my teens. If you can't hear it, it isn't as scary. Try wearing earplugs to bed. Maybe then you can turn off the light.
Yes Cassie wearing dark nail polish just to make Mike mad is passive aggressive behavior. Stop it. :-)

Anonymous said...

My kids are freaks - but I love them. I'll have to think about the weird things I do. I guess one of the weirdest things I do is I count things. Does anybody else do that? I go to the extreme with my Christmas decorating although I have to admit I'm kinda out of it right now - My kids are older so I'll get back into it again when I have my grandkids.

MrManuel said...

Seb - I agree! Never have enough nerd stuff!

Cass - FREAK!

Nani - I wouldn't call them frightening. Just unique!

POM - Yup, monkey toes!

Mom - You have cut back a lot lately.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - I thought I was the only one who avoids foods that make my fingers sticky. I hate that feeling, I don't care if there's a sink and soap right down the hall, I won't eat ribs either. I was horrified when the Carl's Jr restaurant came out with their "the messier, the better" campaign where people were eating burgers and getting totally dripped on and sticky. I don't ever eat there, but I couldn't believe that this ad campaign would actually attract business and not repel it! I love burritos, but am horrified when the tortilla breaks and I have to eat the spilled-out innards by hand!!!