Sunday, November 12, 2006

Do-It-Yourself IS NOT Always Best

Like the vast majority of women, I feel the need to control my body hair. This includes shaving my legs and underarms, as well as occasionally having the hair pulled off my face in the form of waxing my eyebrows.

I used to pay to have this done. I would give someone my hard-earned money to torture me and pull the hair off my face. Then it occurred to me - I could torture myself basically for free, after I bought all the stuff. And, crunching the numbers, I figured that after I had done it twice, it would pay for itself.

The first time I waxed my eyebrows, it went very well. I found that it hurt considerably less simply because I knew when the rip was coming. I broke out less afterward, and, like I did when I paid for it, I didn't have to come home and tweeze the hairs I could see but they couldn't. Yes, this waxing my own eyebrows was a BRILLIANT idea!

Until today...

My right eyebrow is considerably thinner than I would normally have it, and my left eyebrow is this close to having a bald spot. I don't know if I wasn't in the mood to do it or if I just wasn't as careful as I was last time, but today I learned that doing it yourself is not always best. Sometimes is it worth spending your hard-earned money to be tortured. At least you don't walk out of the salon looking like a dork...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once used Nair under my eyebrows and all the skin came off. I looked awful for over a week. That is how we learn.

Anonymous said...

I think you just had a bad day. Just yesterday I was telling Cassie that you had all the "stuff" to do your eyebrows because she wanted her eyebrows done. Keep the faith! I'm all for my own pain rather than pain at someone elses expense

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I'm sorry to be laughing but this completely reminds me of my former roomate, who was a guy by the way. He was trimming his eyebrow hair, and by the time he came out of his room he didn't have eyebrows anymore. First thing he says coming out of the room, "Dude, don't laugh," ahhhhh, I died of laughter!

MrManuel said...

It really doesn't look that bad babe. Don't worry about it.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Not as bad as that time the hairdresser shaved half of my eyebrow off when she was cutting my hair. Yeah, THAT was funny...

Jose said...

I had to laugh as I read this because it is funny, I see the women around me do the craziest things all in the name of being beautiful and sometimes it's just plain funny. I'm glad Mr. Manuel had the right words to tell you, smart man that Mr. Manuel is.