Saturday, November 11, 2006

Guitar Hero 2

As you know, Manuel and I recently celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. We discussed the gifts we would give each other, and it was decided that I would buy him a Playstation 3 game when he got his Playstation 3 (be it when it comes out next week or later when supplies increase.)

We were out and about tonight, as I was going crazy from being cooped up in the house because of Manuel's cold all last week. We stopped by Best Buy because we needed some color cartridges for our photo printer, and they had a demo set up where you could play the new Guitar Hero 2 that came out for Playstation 2 this week. We had seen a few videos on YouTube where people were playing in expert mode, and we were fascinated. The kids playing at Best Buy were nowhere near as good, but it was still fun to watch.

Having been married to Manuel for 4 years, and dating him for 6 years before we got married, I know him pretty well, and I could see it in his eyes - he wanted it. He REALLY wanted it. So, after a little but of protesting on his part (and truthfully, I think the protesting was all a show only because he believed it was the right thing to do) I bought it for him.

And here we are, at 1240 am, taking turns playing with it. In case you don't know what it is, it's a video game where you play a guitar and have to push the "notes" in time with the "notes" on the screen to make beautiful music. And if you don't hit them right on, the song doesn't sound nearly as good.

I took pictures of Manuel playing, to document his enjoyment of his anniversary gift (and dare I admit, I think it's quite fun as well!)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun game - I want to play. You know Manuel so well,Jess. This should keep him occupied for a while. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, does it really help you get good at playing? Hmmm, kinda makes me think of that Pa Rappa the Rappa dog video game thing, whatever happened to that?

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun.
So does he also get the Playstation 3?

Michelle said...

I am a GUITAR HERO MASTER! I challenge you to a play-off. Word Verification: goohh...it made me smile.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Nani - He was always getting the Playstation 3 (in fact, I bet there will be a post this week about his plan the camp out in order to get one.) I just got him this game instead of the Playstation 3 game.

npanth said...

Manuel Rocks! Stay in the green buddy :)