Wednesday, November 01, 2006

New season, new hope

Today the Kings have their first game of the NBA season. In the recent past, a new season meant high expectations for a team that could contend for the title. Those days are now gone for the Kings. In fact, I don't know what to expect from this group. Having one of our stars out to begin the season doesn't help. If I had to guess, I would say the Kings are going to win somewhere between 40 and 45 games. That should give them somewhere between the 7th and 9th place teams in the conference. Yes, they might not even make the playoffs. No matter what happens, I'll watch and it should be interesting. Hey, if they lose a lot, I can always swith to another game as I paid the $170 again to have every single NBA game available to me. Love that NBA league pass! Nothing like turning on the tv and having 12 NBA games on...

You know what I have been having fun with? Checking my site meter to see what people type in on google to get to my blog. Now you regulars, you guys don't usually show up because you have it bookmarked or something like that. But how about stangers to visit my site? How do they end up on my site? These are a list of things people have typed in on a search engine the last few days to get to my site:
1)Jessica Manuel (ok, maybe that is someone's name they are looking for)
2)USPS Lost and misdirected mail facts jury summons (What does that even mean?)
3)Eddie Guerrero LatiNo Heat 1967-2005 Photos (Sweet!)
4)oriental not politically correct (Hmm...)
5)Manuel gay (I CERTAINLY AM NOT!!!)
6)her feet smelled (What were they looking for?)
7)Ewok dog (ORKO!!!)
8)NITRO BLOWS UP A SCHOOLYARD FULL OF KIDS (Comic reference...someone likes caps)
9)En Manuel CANT (Uhh.....???)
10)ufc after parties in sacramento (That you Rich?)

I'll try to keep you updated as more fun searches come along....

Congrats to my wife for getting all the quotes right! Sad though that nobody else has even tried the last two times. I'll try one more time and see if I get responses. Tomorrow, I'll post some romance movie quotes in honor of my 4th wedding anniversary tomorrow....

4 comments:

npanth said...

I get some strange google searches, too. Some make sense in a round about way, but some just make me scratch my head. Naked Panthers?! sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sorry about your team. Hopefully here in Phoenix the Suns will get some momentum, specially if Stoudamire can recover.

Love those searches. Maybe #9 was thinking of Immanuel Kant?

Her feet smelled, that is classic!!! and also quite worrisome.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

When did we ever talk about smelly feet?!?!

I was thinking the same thing about #9, Sebastien. Great minds think alike.

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at a picture of Musselman in the Bee today. He is hunkered down, head down with his hands out because of 12 turnovers in the 4th quarter in last nights game. I laughed and said aloud, "welcome to our world". Go Kings!