Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Book review and then some...

I finally found time to finish Deception Point today. Pretty good book I must say as I quite enjoyed it. I can't say I am surprised though as I enjoyed Dan Brown's other three books. If I had to rank them in order of my preference, I would start at the top with Angels and Demons, Da Vinci Code, Deception Point, and finally Digital Fortress which was a good book in itself. Brown just has such an easy writing style, it is easy to just flow right through his books. If you liked his other books and haven't read this one, go ahead and check it out.

At the right in my What I am Reading column, I have an issue of Card Player magazine, a magazine I subscribe to. Each issue runs nearly 200 pages of small print articles and comes every 2 weeks. It is easy to fall behind, which is what I have done. I am behind three issues so I am going to concentrate on finishing those before I start a new book. Besides, I don't have a book in mind right now anyway.

I am giving my experiment from yesterday a couple of more days.

Today my sister told me she found a wedding cake she likes, but wanted it in chocolate. She said she couldn't imagine what it would look like though and asked if I could change it in photoshop. Well, I told her I would give it a try. Here is my result.

I took this....



















..and turned it into this. What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, chocolate.

Anonymous said...

I think this is going to be my wedding cake. When mom and I go to Atascadero next weekend this is the picture I'm going to show them and hope that one of the places will be able to re create it for me. It looks so delicious.....yummy!Thank you again for doing this for me bro. I love you!

Anonymous said...

You did such a good job. It looks so yummy. I can hardly wait to go cake tasting!