Friday, February 16, 2007

Fat Free Friday #2

Oh, it was not a good week. In my weekly battle with blubber, the fat won out this week. I'm pissed, but this is why I started this weight thing on the blog, so I can own up to it after the fact. I gained a pound and a half this week bringing my weight loss total after two weeks to only half a pound. What went wrong? It's fairly simple. I am not going to make excuses, I will just show you the facts:

Friday night: We went to a concert so that means we went out to dinner first and I had a big hamburger.

Saturday night : Once a month, Jessica's family has a gathering of around 15 people for a big dinner. Steak, mashed potatoes and rolls. Uh oh.

Sunday night: Can't remember

Monday night: Jess decided to try a new recipe - Chicken and rice casserole. Had tons of cheese and wasn't the healthiest thing on the menu. VERY yummy. Very fattening.

Tuesday night: Jess and I were shopping all evening. Of course that means eating out because we get hungry. Burrito at Chipotle.

Wednesday night: Valentine's dinner. Taquitos and chicken nuggets. Don't ask. It's a long story.

Last night: I made tacos. I only had a couple though as I knew the rest of the week was bad. I could have eaten more, and I did go to bed a little hungry, but I figured I had screwed up enough.

Plus, there were tons of leftovers of that caserrole that I finished for lunch over the week. Well, obviously, we see what that all adds up to. I did make it to the gym three times this week, but it didn't really matter when you eat that much. I mean, what are you going to do? I'm not going to eat something I barely like when I go out to eat just because it is better for me. I can't jusify spending money on something I won't enjoy at a restaurant just to save some calories. I just have to suffer the consequences. Oh well. Technically, I am still down in weight so I guess I can look on the bright(okay, slightly illuminated) side of things.

I am scared though because I think this week will be just as hard. Tonight, we are making home made pizza at Jessica's Dad and stepmom's house. Then, Jessica's mom and stepdad are coming for the weekend which I KNOW will include lots of unhealthy food. It always does with them. Okay, so I can be REALLY good Sunday night through Thursday afternoon. Why not Thursday night, right before my weigh in the next morning? Well, it's Jessica's birthday on Thursday. Who knows what the calorie monsters will bring then. Maybe if I can break even this next week, it won't be a total loss. Wish me luck.

Totals: 2 weeks down, 1/2 pound loss

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just maintained. Walked every day but oh well.
I know it is hard to diet but it is a frame of mind you must get into. You have to decide to eat healthy and be happy about it. Also, when you eat something you shouldn't, it's OK to eat it in moderation. Savor it and tell yourself "I've eaten this before and I will eat it again. I don't have to eat it all today." That might help a little.
Good luck this coming week.
Hugs. :-)

Crazy Bitch said...

You could work out more, and see where that gets you. When I was losing that 50lbs that time, I used to "punish" myself by having to work out more when I ate too much.

Also, you are gaining muscle as you work out, and that weights waaay more than fat, so keep that in mind. As far as eating goes, listen to my mom. That advice has helped me, too.

I have to eat. If I don't I get a migraine. It's tough when one is out shopping, because even the salads are fattening. Chipotle isn't that bad for you if you don't get sour cream and too much meat and cheese. Good luck!

Mom said...

Sorry about the weight loss but I'm glad you are looking on the other side and still looking at 1/2 pound versus weight gain this week only. Being aware of what you eat and knowing what is bad for you and where you went wrong is a big step. Just eat a little less next time. The worst thing is to deny yourself - that's where it fails. It could have been worse - you did go exercise so that did help. I lost two this week bringing my total since I've been dieting to 12 but only two since you started this challenge. Next week will be a tough week for me because I'm going to a conference out of town and will be served three meals a day, and great food too. So, I'll probably be in your shoes next week. As long as the long range goal is there you'll be fine. Love you and keep up the good work!

npanth said...

Yup, they're all right. Losing weight isn't about how you do in any particular week, it's enough that you're keeping healthy eating in your mind each day. You'll be fine, good luck with it. We all seem to struggle with too many calories.

MrManuel said...

Nani - I know about moderation and it being a frame of mind, I just don't feel full easily.

POM - It wasn't really hard for me last week, just inconvenient.

CB - I love working out. I did go 3 times last week. That was all I had time for. Trust me, if I could, I would go to the gym everyday.

Mom - Oh, I definitely know where I went wrong. Bad thing is, it would have been hard to change many of those things.


Npanth - True, I did look slightly on the bright side.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. If youre interested in free weight loss tips and Weight Loss please visit this site.