Monday, February 12, 2007

The tax man cometh....

...and I taketh away! I tell ya, is there anything more nerve wracking than doing taxes? We had the tax guy come this evening and even though we were pretty sure we would get money back because I didn't make much $$ in Real Estate last year and we pay so much interest on our house still, it still makes us nervous. No worries though as we did quite well this year. I am not going to say how much we are getting back, but it could probably be enough to buy a KIA with cash. Not that we want a KIA; just trying to give you a point of reference. We won't go crazy with our return, but we will probably make one sizable purchase - a new mattress. Yes, we will finally ditch our mattress that is no joke, over 30 years old. We bought it at an estate sale when we first moved in together and couldn't afford much. Hell, we got a whole bedroom set AND two sofas for around $150. It's been comfortable for the most part, but it is now starting to give us pain every morning. It' pretty much a necessary thing. So hopefully, soon, we will be getting the new matress we have been waiting for.

7 comments:

Sebastien Millon said...

I don't believe in spending much money. But spending money on a good mattress is always money well spent.

Anonymous said...

Yes, a new mattress will be money well spent. You can't skimp on a good nights sleep. :-)

Mom said...

A new mattress is defintely money well spent - so is a present for your mom - he he!!! I'll never give up Jess!!!!! Seriously, I'm happy for you guys. I never got a return that large - I've heard people get them but I was never one of the fortunate ones! Nope, usually on the paying end - oh well - that's life!!!

Battlerocker said...

I'm scared of the tax man this year. My brother got hit hard. Congrats on you're take.

Crazy Bitch said...

Aaaah! A new mattress! I hope you get the most comfortable mattress there is! When I got my new mattress a few years ago, I could not believe the comfort! And that was a cheap mattress! I also couldn't believe how huge it was next to the old one! Happy shopping!

Anonymous said...

If I may make a suggestion, try a latex foam rubber mattress. It has no springs and is so comfy! Bill and I love ours!!!!

MrManuel said...

All - Thanks for agreeing with us. I won't feel bad now for splurging on a good night's sleep!