Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Makes no sense!!!

Today I decided to go on Fandango to see what times Babel would playing on Monday. Being a holiday, Jess and I, along with her stepmom(who also sees every Best Picture nominee with us) were going to see it during the day. Much to my chagrin, I found out that tomorrow is the last day it will be in theaters. WHAT?!?! How can they take a movie out of theaters, a movie that is the favorite to win Best Picture, a week before Oscars? Don't they think people will want to see it the week before. Now granted, it is not being take out of every theater.....just every theater withing 100 miles of Sacramento! What the hell? So, unexpectedly, we have to go see Babel tonight at 8:00 PM. I mean, I want to see it, but when you suddenly HAVE to see it at this one time, it makes it a little less convenient. It better be good! I hate going to the movie at night. I don't like to pay the non-matinee prices and we avoid it usually at all cost. Oh well, at least we have a plan now for when we will see each movie. Friday night, we are going to her dad and stepmom's to make pizzas and then watch Little Miss Sunshine. Monday during the day, we will see Letters From Iwo Jima. Expect a review of each movie by Monday night.

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!!!

OHHHHHH...in other news. I forgot to mention last post but this blog has now hit the 400 post mark with that last post! Thanks to Rich and Jess for helping me reach this number!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Skip and I have found that it is best to see a movie the first or second week it is out. Otherwise they have it playing at weird times (not convenient to us) and at small, stinky theaters.
I think you will like Babel. I just hope it is worth full price. We haven't paid full price since Clear and Present Danger. Yup, a looong time. :-)
Say hi to Fran for me and Happy Valentine's Day sweeties.

Crazy Bitch said...

You're right! That doesn't make any sense! Somebody out there making the Sacramento decisions is a "Dee-Dee-Dee!"

Contrats on the 400 posts! Whoa! I guess you guys have had a lot to say! I soo enjoy your blog! I think you should get paid for it as a job!

Thank you both for commenting on my blog, too! I love you guys!

Jose said...

On the other hand, Oscar nominees aren't usually blockbusters. But if you must see it then you must see it. Hey here in Phoenix we but the tickets for the movies at Costco, they are cheaper than at the box office and can be used for any show including the late shows.

Anonymous said...

You could live in Omaha. I don't think you can see most movies here. =) Oh I miss real cities, Sacramento, Phoenix, SF area... I really want to see Pan's Labyrinth, it is only at 10:30 at night in one theatre. Looks like I will be waiting for DVD.

MrManuel said...

Nani - We usually see movies the first week too. But Babel came out in November. It was nominated in late January. It wasn't even on our radar to spend money to see until it was nominated for Best Picture.

CB - Paid? Hell, I moight even post more!

Jose - Yeah, very true. They usually aren't blockbusters, but when they win, or get nominated, it gives them the extra boost. I didn't know Costco did that. We don't have a membership, but that is interesting.

POM - Crash was overrated!!!

Kel - Yeah, I realy wanted to see Pan too. I'll probably just wait now for Netflix even though I have not heard a bad thing about it.

Sebastien Millon said...

400 posts! That's crazy, seems like everybody is hitting the 400 post mark lately... I haven't heard much about Babel, so I look forward to your review.