Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wednesday night is alright for fighting

Sorry for no post yesterday. I had gone over a week without missing a post, but yesterday, I both had nothing to talk about and was busy. We saw The Queen last night, one of the nominees, but I will save our review for the end when we have seen all of them.

Wednesday is fast becoming my favorite night of the week. Why? It's clan night!!! Now, before you think I have gone psycho, let me explain. As you know, I play my PS3 online in a game called Resistance: Fall of Man. Basically, you kill everyone around you. Here is a view of what I see in the game(This isn't me, just some random video I found on YouTube. It's a little blurry and more hectic than most games, but you will get the idea):




It's a fun game, but there are a lot of annoying kids who do nothing but swear and talk trash the whole game. It's just random, "You're so gay,", "You suck," etc, on the headset. Wanting to play with a more mature group, I joined a group, or clan, to play with people who are just there to have fun. Many of my "teammates" are very good, but don't have that stupid cockiness. Anyways, my clan, OTD or Older Than Dirt, meet on Wednesday nights to play together. It's fun because we can create rooms where we just play against ourselves and don't have to worry about annoying kids. In fact, I am tied for the youngest in the group along with another girl. After we have played a while, we compete against other groups just for fun. I don't know how long they play every Wednesday because I usually only play an hour or close to two before I have to eat dinner. But it's fun and it is nice to play with a group of people who share the same outlook on gaming. Here is the banner for the message board we have.


Yes, nerdy, but you know I couldn't care less....

6 comments:

Mom said...

You are just too darn cute - a nerd but a cute nerd. I love that you have a "playdate" but more importantly I love that you have to stop for dinner - it's like a curfew when kids go out to play but their mothers tell them to be home before dinner. You don't know how my heart filled with love when I read that - too cute son!!!

Jose said...

Can't see myself playing those games, but my son on the other hand...

Anonymous said...

Hey I just saw "The Queen" today. I enjoyed it, especially the guy who played Tony Blair - quite a resemblance! All I can say is I'm sure glad I wasn't brought up in that Royal Family and I have much more compassion for Prince Charles and what an awful upbringing he must have had. I know it's just a movie, but I've done some reading and I think much of it was pretty accurate, as far as their emotional constipation is concerned.

Crazy Bitch said...

I saw a bit of the game. . . I scared!

Sebastien Millon said...

The game looks awesome, I think I've seen some commercials for it.

MrManuel said...

Mom - I guess it is like a curfew

Jose - It's very addicting

Sonja - I agree, but my review will come later

CB - There are some parts of the game that are VERY scary!

Seb - Yup, it rocks!