Thursday, February 01, 2007

Entertainment

It comes in many forms. More than likely it is of the audio/visual variety.

ENTERTAINMENT!

As usual I have to relate it to myself in order to attempt to relate it to other folks. Finding ways to entertain my self has led to many things in my life. And I was intending to list them all and show the many ways I entertain myself. I have been sidetracked though and find a deeper meaning through all this jumble in my head. A reason as to why I watch TV or go to the movies. A motivation for my late night trips to a basketball court or a visit to the world wide web. A purpose behind checking for my latest friend approval on MySpace.com or seeing if I got an email from someone real and not just an advertiser.

I don't want to think about it.

The "IT" has changed over the years, but my methods of getting away from it haven't. I just never considered the way I handled it to be that big of a deal. I assumed that other ways to mask memories were more severely harmful to myself and others around me. I believe at the moment I am wrong. While drugs, alcohol, and sex are the more widely spread versions of what I am talking about, it appears that I just invented my own way to accomplish the same thing. In the process I made myself feel better about what I did cause it wasn't as bad as those other vices. I have entertained my life away. I am full of useless knowledge and I can apply at any given moment. I.....................oh blah blah blah. I can feel myself slipping into a melodramatic event already. Ya know after a full energy drinks, too much sugar and an entire night spent entertaining myself thanks to the magic of a DVR I am just not going to bore the rest of you. There is no real poignant moment here. I just finally get it now and sometimes it helps to clarify. I find clarity through an empty house and a TV. And a blank computer screen that needs filling. Perhaps this is a chance to have a positive spin on what was always a negative for me. All that time spent entertaining myself was not a waste of time if it becomes useful. If I can apply it somehow in my everyday life and make it valuable. Then that would be turning a frown upside down.

Point being we all hide in a way. We all find a way to deal or cope or move on. Guess it's time to find a new hobby. Perhaps base jumping.

OH yeah! Almost forgot. Cassie, you already know where I live. You didn't need to have me give your brother my address. You will feel better once you stop hiding and live honestly and openly with everyone. I know a while back I told you about the Pride Fighting company cause of your being a UFC fan. Well two of it's well-known products will be on display Saturday Night. I am going to make you a promise. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Mirko "Cro Cop" are going to knockout the two men they are facing this weekend. Guaranteed. Rabble Rock!

2 comments:

MrManuel said...

I didn't really get the point you were trying to make in this article. I actually reread it...

mrvideoguy said...

It didn't have a point. I was on way too much crack when I wrote it, so looking back it is a ridiculous post