Monday, April 09, 2007

The 5 Things That Pissed Me Off Last week #4

#5 - It was a work related thing, but since I am still not trying to jinx it, I won't even bring it up. A client annoyed me, but that's all you get! :-)

#4 - I won a poker tournament this weekend, but it was only 7 people and for the $100 top prize. In my big games this year(10-14 people), I have had no luck winning. Just a bunch of seconds and thirds. I am up almost $250 for the year so far, but I want to get one of the big game wins. Ehh...eventually.

#3 - I almost never expect Manchester United to lose. But when they lose twice in one week, that comes as a real shock and that just pisses me off. They look pretty tired right now from all the games they are having to play.

#2 - Last week at the gym, I locked my keys in the car. I got slightly distracted by a cell phone call as I was getting out of the car and left my keys on the seat. Luckily, there was a locksmith in the same parking lot. Unluckily, it took like 45 minutes for her to get it open. She tried forever to get the door open and when they didn't work, she got the trunk to open. Frm there, she pulled the emergency latch to lower the seats into the car. She then looked at me as if to say, "You can go ahead and crawl into your car now and unlock it." I just kept staring back at her as if to say, "Look at my size and now look at your size(she was about 4'10" and 85 pounds)." Without any words spoken, she said to me, " I guess I am better equipped to be the one to crawl through." Damn right, girl! You read my mind.

#1 - On Friday we went to go see Grindhouse at the drive- ins. The film itself didn't piss me off and you can read my review below. It had been many years since we had been to a drive in, but we thought it would be fun. Unfortunately, the screen sucked. It was way too dark a screen and there were times where you oculd barely make out what was going on on the screen. I will definitely not be going back again. The price is right, but just not worth it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though Grindhouse is retro, seeing it at the drive-in dampened your enjoyment. You may find you enjoy it more when you see it again in your home on your wonderful TV.
All in all not a very pissy week for you. :-)

Sebastien Millon said...

I'm sure one of these days you'll win big in poker, you sound like a card shark!

Getting locked out of the car, ugh, and with today's fancy computer thingies in the car it's so much harder to get in our cars if we're locked out. Good thing you had a locksmith nearby!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I haven't been to a a drive-in for quite awhile.. We don't have a radio installed in our car.. so it wouldn't help us to go at this point..Sucks you had a sort of pissy week.. this week is looking better.. ?

Anonymous said...

Work things always piss me off, just wait, I will write one.

I am better at chess than poker, I am not a fan of playing cards

I watch the football/soccer once in a while, I have the understanding that MU is supposed to be a powerhouse. I wish the Indians would play already.

I can proudly say I have never done that.

I want to see Grindhouse at the theater eventually. I am a huge fan of the directors.

Mom said...

Sorry the drive-in sucked. You had such anticipation for the movie. It does sound like a bad week, sorry! Hope this weeks started off on a better note. Love you!

Jose said...

Dude, I never knew that the drive-in was a place where they showed movies. I guess you learn something new every day. Wink, wink.

Anonymous said...

DRIVE-IN???? Those are extinct down here in Orange County. First they were drive-ins, then they became Swap Meets...now they are gone, gone, gone!!

I do remember the little ditty that the drive-ins used to play between films with the dancing popcorn and soda cups singing "Let's go out to the snack bar and get ourselves a treat!"

Also when I was a kid back east, I remember they had play gyms at the drive-in so if the movie was too boring, you had something else to do.

MrManuel said...

Nani - I hope you are rigt

Seb - I've won some big games many times. Just not this year yet!

babybull - No radio? How do yu do it?

EvilE - I love chess, but have nobody to play with!

Mom - Wasn't too bad a week. I can just always come up with something to blog about

Jose - I guess you do!

Sonja - This was still has the playground ouside the snack bar. Cracks me up.