Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Top Five Tuesday #4

Last night, we went out to celebrate Jessica's Dad's birthday at Claim Jumpers. It was a good time, the food was good, and the service commendable. Of course, that is not always the case when going out to a restaurant. For today I thought I would do the top five things that annoy me when going to a restaurant.

#5 - Burgers that are really lacking in sauce. I didn't just order meat on bread. Pour that sauce on!

#4 - Messing up my order because the waiter or waitress didn't bother ot write it down. You don't get special kudos or tip if you can remember my order without writing it down. That doesn't impress me. Just write it down so it gets done right!

#3 - When the waiter or waitress has no personality or obviously hates their job. Dude, it's your job. If you don't like it, go find something else to do.

#2 - I hate when you get served, and then it takes too much time for someone to come greet you and take a drink order. Ok, if they seat you and it takes a couple of minutes to meet your waiter, that is fine. But when they take upwards of 10 minutes to greet you, that is not ok.

#1 - When the waitress/waiter doesn'tkeep refilling my soda at the appropriate time. I drink a LOT of soda when I am out to eat. Usually around 3-5 sodas and 2 glasses of water. I don't know why, I just get really thirsty. What annoys me the most is when they forget about me and my glass sits there empty. Just because you have given me my dinner doesn't mean you are done with me until the bill.

So what annoys you at restaurants?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee I'm the first commenter!!!

I agree with all of the above as well as the addition of: number 6 "bonus chewed gum in the chips", number 7 "one free earring in every salad order", and "waiter who doesn't bring the bread or other bonus goodies in a timely manner after seating me" - I'm usually pretty hungry by the time I go out to eat, so I NEED something to keep me happy...

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I agree also..We went to this cool burger joint here a few years ago and they sing your order while you wait and at the same time you can watch them cook your meal.. These burgers are really the best around.. So there we are in line and the guy flipping the meat takes his tongs and shoves the burnt buns way down deep into the garbage..then continues to flip the meat after doing this.. My hubby notices and says out loud what are you doidng? You are Not giving me my order after using the same tongs .. So the girl serving us was oblivious to all going on and eventually we got new burgers.. Once seated.. the Manager comes over and asks if everything is ok and my hubby says that you don't do that... with food.. The kid that did this was new.. but still very very wrong.. major health code violation.. We ended up with a free meal and $20.00 in coupons and a very apologetic Manager..

Anonymous said...

We went to The Outback for dinner Friday night. We were seated next to a woman with perfume so strong I could taste it. I asked to be moved and they complied immediately. Even though we were far from her I could still smell it.

Sebastien Millon said...

Finding hair in the food. Definitely not a fan of that. I also don't like it when it's too noisy, or if the people sitting near me talk so loud that I hear every little thing about their lives.

PurpleOceanMoon said...

Let's see. I went out to dinner on Saturday.

5. I couls have sworn that I order a chicken taco salad. I'm pretty sure it was cesar.
4. What is the deal with the water? Just fill it, don't ask me.
3. The Drink I had was good. Glass could have been larger =0)
2. My fork was sharp!?!
1. The table was sticky!! That's just gross!!!

npanth said...

I did a good deed at a restaurant once. As we were being sat, a couple stormed out of the restaurant. the lady was pleading with the man not to leave her. We ate. As we were leaving, we saw the same lady weeping on a bench. Turns out she had a flat tire. We changed her tire and got her on her way. The manager gave us a free dessert.
It was sweet :)

Anonymous said...

My number one server problem is this: "is everything OK?"

This always seems to occur when A. I have a mouthful of food. B. I am in the middle of a good conversation. C. Every five minutes for the life of the restaurant stay.

an aside on #4: has the staffer ever tried to blame the cook? I used to hate that one, mainly because I was a cook.

Mom said...

I don't eat out that often so when I do I definitely want the food to be good and the service not to suck. I agree with all of you and will add that I hate when they ask if I need change when I hand them the money. Not sure really why, it just bugs me! I think they should just take the money and then bring back my change. I may tell them to keep the change or if they bring it back and I'm still there, I'm either going to leave the money there or add to it.

MrManuel said...

Sonja - Yeah, the gum thing is gross.

babybull - Well, at least you got comppensated

nani - smelly people suck!

Seb - Yeah, never anything grosser than hair

POM - I hate hen they give me the soda in a small glass. You're just going to have to come back for more refills!

Npanth - You are a hero!

EvilE - They have the worst timing don't they?

Mom - Totally agree!