Sunday, April 01, 2007

Go see 300!!!

I finally went and saw 300 last Saturday(yeah a little late in the review here)with my dad at the IMAX theater here in town. What an amazing piece of filmmaking! I mean, this is easily now one of my favorite movies of all time. Why? Let me list the reasons:

- The story is wonderful! I was so enthralled with the story and deeply cared about the characters.

- The characters themselves. King Leonidas. The Queen. Xerxes. The 300 soldiers. I thought they were all well written and will go down as some of my favorite group of characters in film.

- Action. Lots of action! I like all kinds of films, but like most guys, I like a movie with just tons of action now and then. This movie did not dissappoint. The blood and the gore were off the charts and I loved every minute of it!

- The visuals. This movie looked amazing. The majority of the film was filmed on green screen which allowed the filmmakers to make some amazing scenery post production. It is just amazing to look at.

- The score. Powerful, powerful stuff. The music is spectacular. It really does a fine job of complimenting the story.

I am sure there is more. Overall, just an amazing film. Can't wait until it comes out on Blue Ray. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Skip, Jenn and Angel just left to see it. I hope they get the same impact you did, they went to see it at a regular theater. Probably a small one as it has been out for a few weeks. I opted out. I'll see it on DVD.

Sebastien Millon said...

I will make sure to see this one. Sounds quite good, I remember reading the comic ages ago...

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I admit, I didn't want to see it - just seemed kinda silly, not so much the story, but the animation. But when I saw it, it was great. The story is fantastic, the characters believable and the "animation" made the gore less gory. This could also be one of my favorites. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for making me watch it. :-)

MrManuel said...

Nani - You're missing out!!

Seb - Yeah, I never read it, but have it in my possession to read.

POM - Glad you liked it!

Mrs - Imagine it in IMAX!