Monday, April 16, 2007

The Five Things That Pissed Me Off Last Week #5

I was all kind of annoyed this week, but what's new?!


#5 - The weeds in my backyard keep getting bigger and for some reason, they aren't disappearing on their own!!!












#4 - No weight loss last week. I know it's my fault, but it is still frustrating. I can be good during the week, but I have a really hard time being good during the weekend. This past weekend was no exception. I am already afraid of gaining this week!

#3 - We have an ant problem in our house. What sucks is that they are stray ones here and there. I kill them, but they keep showing up. It would easier if there was a line of them to trace back to, but it hasn't been that easy. 5 here, 10 there. Just nonstop for the last week. I think I have may found their home outside just hours ago so we will see if spraying it helps.

#2 - On Tuesday, I meant to tape the Manchester United game because I had to work. United either had to win 1-0 or win by two goals to advance against the team that had beaten them the week prior by a 2-1 score. But I forgot to tape it, and what happened? They won 7-1!!! Keep in mind this is a soccer game against a very good team. And I missed it! DAMNIT!!!!

#1 - Saturday was the annual Picnic Day at our alma mater, UC Davis. Did you know that our picnic day is the largest student-run event in the country? Pretty cool, huh? Anyway, we like to go every year so we can visit campus and reminisce about our college years one day a year. They have tons of exhibits, food, animals, etc. It is really a FUN time. Well, unless it is POURING!!! This year was the first time we have gone where it has rained. And rain it did. The rain was out of control. As most of the events are outside, it was no fun. We were gone after a couple of hours. I look forward to this every year, and for it to be miserable like this was quite a disappointment.

10 comments:

fringes said...

Sorry about the weather. Really sorry about not recording your game. If you'd just let me know about these things ahead of time, I can handle them for you. I do try to keep a schedule, you know.

Love,
God

Anonymous said...

1. It was a very rainy day! We loved it. Sorry it spoiled your fun.
2. My friend told me about that game. It was awesome! Sorry you missed it. :-)
3. Ants have always been around and always will be. We have a pest control service come out every other month to keep them under control.
4. Weight management is a challenge. Sorry you didn't lose, maybe this week you can make up for it.
5. Weeds are terrible. Some of them in our yard thrive on Roundup.
:-)

Sebastien Millon said...

The one that would have disappointed me most was the bad weather for Picnic Day, because that sounds like it's a lot of fun... well, hopefully next year the weather will be better.

Ants in the house... that's no good. Hey, speaking of insects, I keep reading about the mysterious death and disappearance of bees, this could be a big problem, I first heard about it on NPR, and today I saw an article in the Arizona Republic about how we are even losing bees here in AZ! Have you heard about this?

Sharon said...

Ants suck inside & outside. We had a stray ant problem in our bathroom. What really helped was a cheap product called "Grants Kills Ants." They are little tins that you put out to attrack the ants. At first you'll see lots of ants and then they just disappear.

MrManuel said...

Fringes - I'll keep that in mind holy one.

Nani - I hate rain. Like nothing about it really.

Seb - I have not heard this abaout bees at all. Hmm. I might have to look into it.

Sharon - Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

Anonymous said...

5. No weeds, still brown grass and snow every couple of days.

4. No weight loss or gain for me, I am trying to gain weight actually.

3. Be glad it is not hornets, but ants do suck

2. I got that mad when I forgot to DVR a Steelers game last season against the Browns none the less.

1. Rain sucks, snow sucks, can we just have some sun and normal temperatures?

Mom said...

The biggest was the rainy day - I HATE rainy days and all they stand for! Ants, weight loss, recording programs, and weeds are all in your control but rain is not. Hopefully finding the ant problem outside will help - I really hate ants too - they are dirty little creatures!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Number 5.. Is that really you.. caus e you look as if you are being taken alive by all the weeds...lol.. too bad you had a cruddy week... The week before we were all sick.. that sucked..

MrManuel said...

Evil E - I am so glad I don't have snow. I'll trade you some weight for some skinny.

Mom - Yeah, rain sucks.

babybull - You know you can tell that guy isn't me in the picture? That guy actually is pulling weeds. Not me.

dmarks said...

That's one terribly weak ant. They are supposed to be able to easily carry these really huge leaves and such so big it is hard to tell there is a little ant under them. This one looks like he is having hard time moving a little egg. Probably the result of a sedentary lifestyle; playing to many Antendo games and eating too much pizza.