Friday, April 06, 2007

Fat Friday #9

Well, after no weight loss last week, it was good to get back on the right track this week. I lost another 1.5 pounds which I am really happy about because I had a none too healthy few days last weekend. But, I worked my butt off atthe gym a few times. So after 9 weeks, I am down 6.5 pounds. I wanted it to be 9 pounds after 9 weeks so I am not too far behind.

I am really looking forward to Easter this Sunday as I get to play Guitar Hero with my cousins for the first time. Should be a good time. I hope I don't humiliate myself. The video below is the song that is my favorite to play on the game. The band cracks me up because it has lyrics like this....

She's a dwelling place for demons.
She's a cage for every unclean spirit,
every filthy bird and makes us drink the poisoned wine to fornicating with our kings.
Fallen now is Babylon the Great.

The day has come for all us sinners.
If you're not a servant, you'll be struck to the ground.
Flee the burning, greedy city.
Lookin' back on her to see there's nothing around.

I don't believe in fairytales and no one wants to go to hell.
You've made the wrong decision and it's easy to see.
Now if you wanna serve above or be a king below with us,
You're welcome to the city where your future is set forever.


...and the video has tons of images of people doing immoral things being punished for their actions; and yet, they said they are NOT a religious band by any means. Huh?!?! You could have fooled me! Anyways, regardless, I love the song especially the guitar solo in the middle of the song.



Have a good weekend everyone!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I don't have a scale at home but I don't think I lost. Just maintained though my new jeans are baggy. I must be making some progress.
See you Sunday. Should be a classic Easter.
Uncle Skip and I are going to the Kings game tonight. BIG SIGH!

Sebastien Millon said...

Good job on the weight loss! Hope you have a fun weekend, enjoy the guitar hero for me!

And I keep missing your Thursday trivia games, those are fun...

Mom said...

Keep up the good work on the weight loss. Glad to see you headed back to the gym. I maintained again, which isn't too bad considering I wasn't very good this week. Less than 5 months now until the wedding so I have to get my butt back in gear. I already have my dress so I have big motivation now to keep off the weight.

That video was a bit disturbing but if you can play that on Guitar Hero, you are awesome. It should be fun watching all of you play.

Happy Easter everyone!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

That's great that you were able to shed some pounds.. Have fun playing guitar hero.. Cool video.. My favorite part is the kid with the multi-coloured sucker who gets turned in to something else.. Couldn't figure what he had done wrong though..Have a great weekend.. Happy Bunny Trails..

fringes said...

Sounds like you're having a great week. I don't have a scale, either, but my jeans are loosening. I hope it's not my imagination. Enough about me...glad it's going well.

Good weekending...Fringes

PurpleOceanMoon said...

I gained tree pounds. Yikes!!! I was really sick four weeks ago and loast seven pounds. I have regained three of them. CRAP!!

Can't wait to play GH.

Anonymous said...

A7X is not a bad band, I think they might be headed towards being the next version of Guns and Roses. Tattooed, LA band that is guitar based.

Guitar hero is fun stuff, number two has the bass player feature.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I held steady this week - still 12 pounds down.

I am SOOOO excited to play Guitar Hero this weekend. It will be fun to play with new people.

Crazy Bitch said...

I'm fatter than ever! I have to keep eating so that I don't get migraines! My blog should be called, "Migraine Woman Blog."

I also can't wait for tomorrow! Remember when we used to play volley ball at Nani and Uncle Skip's house when we were all still kids? It'll be so much fun! Is Cassie going to play,too? Can you bring Guitar Hero I? Seth seems to have misplace his, recently.:(

Jose said...

The music is a little to hard core for my taste, but the visuals were right up my alley. Congrats on the weight loss again. Keep up the good work.

MrManuel said...

Nani - Bayyg jeans are a good sign

Seb - Be sure to be on time Thursday!

Mom - Tight clothes are good motivation

babybull - the kid was watching a peepshow

fringes - I am sure it is not your imagination. Good job

POM - Hope this week is going better

A7X - well, if they are the next GnR, that is my favorite band of all time.

Mrs - Hope this week is better

CB - I used to love playing volleyball. I miss it.

Jose - Yes, nice visuals!