Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Top Five Tuesday #3

This is a top 5 I have been looking forward to for a couple of weeks. In honor of the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez movie "Grindhouse" which comes out Friday, I am doing two top 5s dedicated to their movies. Some of my very favorite films are by these great directors. I wanted to honor the great characters they have in their films, but since there were so many, I couldn't put them in just one top 5 list. I had to make 2:

Top 5 characters in Quentin Tarantino films:




#5 - Marcellus Wallace (Pulp Fiction) - The first time I had ever heard of or seen Ving Rhames. "I'm going to get medieval on your ass!" is one of the best lines of all time!




#4 - Vincent Vega (Pulp Fiction) - Travolta's comeback. How cool is he in this film? Anybody else dancing like that would look just plain silly.







#3 - The Bride - (Kill Bill I and II) - Uma Thurman does and awesome job here as a lady out for revenge. And boy does she get it!!










#2 - Mr. Blond (Reservoir Dogs) - Michael Madsen does an awesome job here as a sadistic criminal. The ear scene is disturbing and awesome all at once!









#1 - Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction) - He's a Bad Mutha Fucker. If I have to say anymore, you haven't seen the movie!







Top 5 characters in Robert Rodriguez films:




#5 - Sex Machine (From Dusk Til Dawn) - Tom Savini as one of the guys stuck killing vampires. He carries a whip and has a gun come out of his crotch. He belongs on this list!!!









#4 - El Mariachi (Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico) - Antonio Banderas in his best role. You have to include him - he has a guitar case full of guns!










#3 - Marv (Sin City) - Mickey Rourke is just total badass as a man out for revenge.







#2 - Agent Sands (Once Upon a Time in Mexico) - Johnny Depp is amazing in this film and somehow, even cooler in this than he is in Pirates. If you haven't seen this movie, see it just to see how freakin' cool Depp is here!









#1 - Seth Gecko (From Dusk Til Dawn) - George Clooney at his absolute best. My favorite movie of all time. "Everbody be cool. YOU, be cool."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent list. We just saw Kill Bill 1 & 2 again. Haven't seen Pulp Fiction in awhile. Maybe we should see it again. Can you bring it Sunday for us to borrow?
Hugs,

Crazy Bitch said...

Hey, I've been pretty busy, and looking at a lighted screen doesn't help with the migraines. But I read your blog all at once when I get back online. I LOVE it! It is really a quality blog!

We are praticing Guitar Hero, over here, but I think Seth might be the only one who'll give you and Jess a run for your money! Grandma wants to set it up in the family room, instead of football, or soccer or whatever game is on.

Anonymous said...

CB is right! Your blog is excellent. I look forward to it every day. You should have a larger fan base.

Mom said...

Wow Man, lots of kudos on your blog today. It is a great Top 5 list. Love the movies, the characters, and the actors who play them! Papi and I finally saw the first commercial last night for Grindhouse. Looking forward to it.

Sharon said...

I liked all of the movies you listed especially "Pulp Fiction" & "Reservoir Dogs." I know a lot of people disagree with me but I couldn't get into "Kill Bill" 1 so obviously I didn't see "Kill Bill 2."

Thanks for adding me to your Blog Roll I'll return the favor by adding you to Mooky's Hood.

dmarks said...

Saw you posting on BabyBull40's blog.

I have yet to see a Quentin Tarantino movie. However, I've seen the Youtube "Quentin Tarantino's Welcome Back Kotter". That was pretty funny.

You have a Captain America icon? In different universes, we would be arch enemies!

Sebastien Millon said...

Super post! I gotta check out Desperado, been ages since I've seen it and we have it on tv, been planning on watching it for a while now. Cannot wait for this new movie... Oh, and I caught Reservoir Dogs the other day, love that movie, Michael Madsen, what a crazy dude!

By the way, you've been tagged, muhahahhaa!!!

fringes said...

I've only seen one of your listed movies. I'd better get on it, right? Great post. Followed you here from Seb.

Jose said...

Heck of a collection you named here, and you still short a bunch. Bruce Willis, Salma Hayek, Ricardo Montalban, George Lopez, and even Sylvester Stallone are alumni of these two great directors.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I am here and checking out yer blog ..Outstanding list.. although I didn't really like Sin City I did see Mickey Rourke kick ass big time.. I like Johnny Depp (that's a given) and of my fav is Antonio Banderas..All good choices... You have a neat blog too..So I shall add you to mine now...

MrManuel said...

Nani - I'll bring it for ya!

CB - Thanks for the kudos! Can't wait to play some GH with you.

POM - Bruce Willis is Butch. Good character, but he had to be cut.

Mom - It is about time you saw a preview!

Sharon - Didn't like Kill Bill?!?! Blasphemy!!!

dmarks - Thanks for coming by. I'll be sure to stop by yours tomorrow!!! See some Tarantino films!

Seb - I'll do that tag on Thursday.

Fringes - Only one of those films?!?! Get on it for sure. Thanks for coming by.

jose - Willis was a hard cut. Salma is hot, but not a top 5 character. Stallone is awesome, but Spy Kids doesn't count!!!


babybull - Hey, thanks for stopping by!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Manuel, reading your blog is one of the highlights of my day! I don't always blog everyday though (usually 3 or 4 times a week). Sometimes I write some posts then put my blog on autopilot. Those are the days I don't comment because I don't get on the computer. But I try to send my comments in bunches when I do get to it!

Sebastien Millon said...

Manuel, did you see Grindhouse?! I just saw it, it was AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to hear what you thought of it...