Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Top Five Tuesday #5

Fresh cookies, brownies baking in the oven, my wife's perfume. All wonderful smells. This post is not about any of those. Warning, this may get a little graphic. Be warned. These are the top 5 things I HATE to smell!

#5 - Menudo that is cooking. Growing up Hispanic, I smelled this quite often. This is something that actually smells even worse than it tastes. Nothing like cooking entrails to make me go the other way.






#4 - Cauliflower that is cooking. I had never really smelled this until recently. Recently, Jessica's grandma moved here from New York and she cooks this all the time. Since I am over there often, I smell this often. It's way too strong. I hate it!




#3 - Cigarettes - I hate the smell of cigarettes. They are just disgusting things. Frankly, I don't get the appeal. I don't see why someone would smoke something that is bad for you AND make people think, "God, that person reeks." To each his own I guess.






#2 - This is one of my dogs, Leia. Does she smell? No of course not. Unfortunately, she has a slight problem with an overactive anal gland or something. Every once in a while, she starts to leak the most putrid smell(well, the 2nd most putrid smell) out of her ass. It is a musky, sweet, horrible smell that makes me gag the second I smell it. So what do we have to do? We have to reach "up" there and drain the gland or as we call it, "leaking her." This smells so bad....




#1 - Vomit. Easy choice for me. I have such a queasy stomach that even the slightest smell of it will send me out the door gagging. Hell, even the THOUGHT of vomit or a conversation about it will make me start to gag sometime. Jess always teases me with, "How are you ever going to be a daddy with you being like this?" My answer? I have no clue....

So, what smells do you hate?

13 comments:

dmarks said...

Nice picture of "someone ralphed on the floor" for the last one. Way to go.

I can't say I've smelled cold or hot Menudo or eaten it or even seen it until I saw your first picture there.

And I've not heard the band with the same name.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

ok I couldn't figure out your email.. so here are your interview questions...

Hi there mr.manuel. I saw that you wanted to be interviewed..So I will try to do my best as I've never done this before..Here goes..

1). I notice from your blog that you play poker, sometimes for money. What was your best ever winning poker hand and how much did you win?

2). In a society where there is till some racial stereotyping, what makes you angry about that and how does it effect your life in a positive or negative way?

3). How do you come up with your 5 Things That Piss You Off?

4).How did you and mrs.manuel meet?

5). Since I've only been reading your blog for a short time, what is the one thing you wished you had done in your life but haven't?


You will want to copy and past the rules into your blog entry when you answer the questions.
Ok, the rules:
1. If you want to be interviewed by me, (and I encourage perfect strangers to take me up on this, it will be fun) leave me a comment saying "Interview Me".
2. I will respond by asking you five questions of my choice.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to my questions.
4. You will include these rules, and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Anonymous said...

I agree with all your choices.
5.Menudo smells so bad cooking I don't understand how people look forward to eating it. I've never tried it. YUCK!
4. Cauliflower smells terrible. I don't eat it.
3. Smokers don't get the stink until they quit.
2. Leia, poor baby.
1. Vomit is awful but as a mother you get kind of past it. Not really but you have to breathe shallow and clean it up. Do you still vomit when you laugh too much and too long? We cleaned up a lot of yours. :-)

Sebastien Millon said...

Oh, that dog picture, sooooo great!!! The story though, that sounds bad, very bad...

I like cauliflower. I don't like the smell of, of, I can't think of anything right now. Vomit is probably the worst of all though. Oh! I do hate car exhaust, rode my bike lots in Chicago, so I got lots of exhaust in my face, nasty.

fringes said...

What a yucky post. And I mean that as a compliment.

Crazy Bitch said...

Jenn, Greg and I used to have spontaneous "gross outs." That's where you keep topping each other with gross stories and subjects until someone is almost or straight up barfing, so...good job, Man!

I hate the smell of ANYONE'S FARTS! Man, that just makes me want to hurl.

I also hate the smell of cat pee! Cat spray is grosser, and yes, there IS a difference. The Devil made that stuff!

And I'm with you on hating the smell of dog anal juice-just can't take it!

Crazy Bitch said...

You know what else is horribly disgusting and smelly? The smell of rotting lard that the Mexican market owners have thrown in the gutter in Los Angeles! That made me gag!

dmarks said...

Crazy, that is just part of the economy. Around 4:30 AM, the street vendors collect the lard from the gutters to make the delights they will serve to busy and ignorant passersby all through the coming day.

Anonymous said...

Menudo is a food? I have never heard of this as a food. Call me an ignorant white guy, but I thought they were just a smelly pop act from the 80's...

I cannot abide the smell of broccoli, it smells like feet.

MrManuel said...

Dmarks - There was a band called Menudo? Must have been a Japanese band or something....

babybull - Answers coming Friday. Thanks!

nani - I hope you are right about getting past it


seb - Yeah, exhaust is a good one.


fringes - Thanks!


CB - Farts? Ehh, they don't bother me. They're funny. Rotting lard? Never smelled it.


dmarks(again) - Comment of the week!


Evil E - Yeah, I almost added broccoli together with the cauliflower..

Battlerocker said...

I agree with your choice as well, but, damn man, did you have to go and gross me out before my coffee in the morning?!!??

Just kidding. Have a great day!

Crazy Bitch said...

dmarks: Oh my God!(barf!)

Anonymous said...

I hate the smell that emanates from the bathroom sink drain when you need to clean it out - old toothpaste, slimy old spit and snot, hair...should I go on???

I have a friend who say the smell of broccoli cooking reminds him of the smell of baby poop.