Monday, April 02, 2007

The Five Things That Pissed Me Off Last Week #3

Hello, c'mon in. Welcome to another of my weekly rants. Hope you enjoy the show!

#5 - My number of comments has gone way down. I think I need to go out and get some more readers. I love posting, I would love more people to read what I am writing about...

#4 - There is a lady at Jessica's work who I actually despise. She is a know it all, I've done everything, let's make everything out to be way bigger than it needs to be type of person. Jessica comes home with stories about her and I just boil. Friday I met Jessica for lunch and then went back to her office to help her set up her new office. I had to talk with this lady. Multiple times I wanted to strangle her.

#3 - I didn't lose any weight last week. I guess I should be happy that I didn't gain, but it still would have been nnice to lose more weight.

#2 - Ok, yesterday I went to GameStop to trade in 2 of my PS3 games. They had a deal where if you trade in 2 used PS3 games, you can get a new one. So I walk in and this is the conversation:

Me: Hey, are you doing the trade in 2 PS3 games and get a new one deal?

Clerk: (Hesistating slightly as if he is not paying attention) Ummmm....yeah.

Me: Ok, then I want to trade in these 2 games and get Oblivion.

Clerk: ........................................(What the hell? Why is the clerk just staring at me?)........................(10 FULL seconds later)....I like your shirt.

Me: (What the hell? Where did that guy just disappear to at that moment.)

Literally, it was as if the guy's brain just show down for a second and it was just a lifeless corpse in front of me. I wanted to slap him during all that and say, "Dude, you still with me here?"

#1 - Getting that mammogram last week. It didn't hurt quite as much as people were telling me, but it did hurt more than I expected. Not a terrible experience, but not one I would want to do on a daily basis for sure. In the end, the doctor said it was some hormal thing, looked perfectly ok, and that it should go away. If it is still there in a few months, come back. I can live with that fro now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are posting so much again.
5. You've got a new reader, Sharon
4. I've got one of those at work. Not a know it all, lazy and obnoxious.
3. You've hit a plateau. You need to step up the exercise or change your diet a little.
2. The clerk was stoned.
1. YAY! So glad it wasn't anything to worry about. Prayer works. Hugs.

Sebastien Millon said...

That was funny with the clerk, haha, maybe he was just pissed they were doing that deal or something... Oh, yeah, maybe he was just stoned!

Mom said...

"Stoned" - that's funny! How about just plain stupid!
I know people who are "know it alls" - they never "know it" though.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

-I've noticed your comments are down too. I think it started when you started posting every day.
-The lady at work does take a lot of energy to deal with. When she's not being a know it all or a giant complainer though, she's quite fun.
-Yo're getting better about the gym, so that will help.
-I laughed so hard when you told me that story! It was great!

Here's what pissed me off last week/today:
-My phone is STILL not in my office. There's just something wrong with having to go to a DIFFERENT ROOM to make/take a call.
-My office is FREEZING. I called 3 times today for someone to fix it and NOBODY came.
-There's something wrong with my tattoo. There's a red ring around it. Granted, it doesn't itch the way it used to, but I paid for a cute little tattoo on the top of my foot, not a boo boo.

But what's good about last week was I finally got my office and everyone has been complimenting me on how good it looks. And we had a nice dinner with my parents and Manuel's parents.

See Man, it's not that hard to mention a few good things that happened. If you don't, people will think nothing good ever happens to you...

MrManuel said...

Nani - I am definitely trying to step up the exercise. I know that has been a big problem!

Seb - He was just an idiot!

Mom - Right on!

Wife - Sorry you had some bad things happen this week. I don't post about the good things because they just aren't as interesting. Maybe one day.

dmarks said...

I can help with #5, but you are NOT getting any of my PS3 games!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I'm a bit late seeing as I just blogged on yer most recent post.. which was awesome BTW.. I hate stupid stoned people.. If they are stoned ..ok I can deal with that.. but stupid.. well that's for another interesting post..The "know it all" what a pain.. I would've strangled her too if it were legal to euthanize them.. lol kidding...

MrManuel said...

dmarks - That's ok. I am pretty busy with mine right now.

babybull - Euthanize know it alls? I like it!!!