Friday, April 20, 2007

My interview

Recently, there has been a meme making its way through the blogs where one blogger interviews another blogger. Babybull decided to send some interview questions my way after I agreed to be interviewed. Here are the questions qith my answers:

1). I notice from your blog that you play poker, sometimes for money. What was your best ever winning poker hand and how much did you win?

HA! ALWAYS for money! The most I have ever won on one hand is kind of hard to explain. I almost always play tournaments with a set amount for the buy in. I have won some big hands, but once you buy in, they are just chips. My two biggest tournament wins were both for around $300 each.

I do play about once or twice a year a cash game where we can play about as much as we want. A couple of months ago, I won one hand that was worth probably about 60 bucks or more. That was probably the most ever on one hand.


2). In a society where there is still some racial stereotyping, what makes you angry about that and how does it effect your life in a positive or negative way?

Well, racial stereotyping is different than racial slurs. Are they both wrong? Absolutely. But I believe they have varying degrees of evilness. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has been guilty of racial stereotyping at one time or another. Keep it to yourself. When people allow this stereotyping to turn into a dislike for a certain race, it becomes what I hate. I have no tolerance for racial slurs and hatred for other cultures. If someone were to say to me something about me being Mexican and asking if I mow lawns, I just laugh it off as a racial stereotype joke. Whatever, it doesn't bother me. Someone takes it to the next level and says the word "Spic", I get mad. I have a pretty high tolerance for jokes and I can understand when they are just that. But the line gets crosses rather easily and it is best to stay on that other side.

3). How do you come up with your 5 Things That Piss You Off?

I just sit down and think of what annoyed me last week. Usually, I can think of 3 really easy and then I have to think hard for the other 2.

4).How did you and mrs.manuel meet?

I met her when she became a new student at my school in 6th grade. No, we didn't like each other right away. In fact, we didn't start dating until the second half of our senior year in high school.

5). Since I've only been reading your blog for a short time, what is the one thing you wished you had done in your life but haven't?

Wow, I don't know whether to answer this with a deep answer or a fun one. I guess my answer would be to go to Europe. I am pretty happy with my life and have very few regrets so it is hard for me to come up with some kind of deep, thought provoking answer on what I wish I would have done in my life by now. So, I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Europe to see everything, so I will stick with that answer.


You will want to copy and past the rules into your blog entry when you answer the questions.
Ok, the rules:
1. If you want to be interviewed by me, (and I encourage perfect strangers to take me up on this, it will be fun) leave me a comment saying "Interview Me".
2. I will respond by asking you five questions of my choice.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to my questions.
4. You will include these rules, and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Want to be interviewed for your blog? Let me know...

9 comments:

Jose said...

All good answers, makes us know you a little deeper.

Mom said...

I hope other people would want to be interviewed as well. It would be nice for you to get to know our fellow bloggers!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Thanks for letting me interview you mr.manuel.. it was fun and I loved reading your honest answers.. Thanks again for playing..

Sebastien Millon said...

Yup, great answers. The answer to #2 is spot on, I'd have a hard time saying exactly what I want to say, but it'd come pretty close to what you said.

And I like hearing that you have so few regrets. That is the way to live one's life! I never really regret the past either.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

You're an interesting guy. I guess that's why I keep you around...

You can interview me!

MrManuel said...

Jose - Thank you sir.

Mom - Nobody volunteered. Oh well...

babybull - thank you!

Seb - Yeah, regrets just weigh on the mind.

Mrs - Maybe...

Miss Sassy Pants said...

"Maybe?!" I'm pretty sure the rule was that you had to ask 5 questions of anyone who commented that they'd like to be interviewed...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I checked your blog before sending you the interview questions I had. Do you still want to do it, or was once enough?

I was sick so I wasn't on my computer for over a week, else I would have sent your questions sooner.

Anonymous said...

I'm in. Interview me.