Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Top Five Tuesday #6

With Summer movie season officially kicking off a week from Friday with Spiderman 3, you are going to start seeing a lot of movie themed posts really soon. Here is a list of the MAIN movies coming out this summer.

• Spider-Man 3 (Sony) - 5/4
• 28 Weeks Later (FoxA) - 5/11
• Shrek the Third (P/DW) - 5/18
• Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (BV) - 5/25
• Hostel 2 (LGF) - 6/8
• Ocean's Thirteen (WB) - 6/8
• Fantastic Four 2 (Fox) - 6/15
• Evan Almighty (Uni.) - 6/22
• Live Free or Die Hard (Fox) - 6/27
• Ratatouille (BV) - 6/29
• Transformers (P/DW) - 7/4
• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (WB) - 7/13
• I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (Uni.) - 7/20
• The Simpsons (Fox) - 7/27
• The Bourne Ultimatum (Uni.) - 8/3
• Rush Hour 3 (NL) - 8/10
• Halloween (2007) (MGM/W) - 8/31

Quite an impressive list. I know that I will DEFINITELY be seeing at least 8 of those this summer in the theaters. So what are te top five I am looking forward to? It was hard to narrow it down, but here they are:

#5 - Spiderman 3 - I have loved the first two so I don't see how this one could disappoint. PLEASE don't disappoint.



#4 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - The way the 2nd movie ended last year with a cliffhanger, I am beyond excited to see how this trilogy ends the story. The first two have been great and now they have added Chow Yun Fat. Could be great or it could be a big letdown. Lets hope for the former.



#3 - Live Free of Die Hard - John McClane is back. No other words are necessary except Yippee Kiyay Mother Fucker!



#2 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - I LOVE the books and the movie adaptations just keep getting better and better as they become darker in nature. This new trailer just released gets me even more excited.



#1 - Transformers. Easy. As a kid who grew up in the 80s, is there really a doubt what I am looking forward to the most? And you know what, it actually looks DAMN good! I can't think of a film in recent years that I have been more anxious for. I hope it doesn't suck.



So what are you looking forward to this summer? As always, the dates are subject to change...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Movie Season! Yes!
I'm so excited for the movies that are coming out.
My list goes like this:
1. Spiderman 3...these movies have been so good and the trailer for the third one looks really good.
2. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End....not only did I realize that this movie is coming out really soon, but I always love my dose of the gorgeous Orlando Bloom
3. Hostel 2...the first one was disturbing...the whole burning the eye with the torch...can't wait for the twisted shit they do in the next one
4. Live Free or Die Hard...I grew up watching these movies...maybe that's where I learned the word FUCK
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix...this is the movie I'm most excited about, I love these movies...and the last book is coming out after that...I can't wait!
Ok that's my list
Can I go see some of these movies with you, since Mike doesn't like to go to the movies most of the time you and Jess are my movie dates!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! Looking forward to Die Hard and Spiderman.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

impressive so far..

Anonymous said...

Spider Man 3 might be on top my list. I am a huge Venom fan in the books.

28 weeks later is a maybe...28 days later was kind of boring.

Hostel 2 is a possibility.

Transformers is a big maybe, I grew up on that stuff

The Simpson--yes

Harry Potter if I can find a girl to go with...I went to all the others with a girlfriend.

npanth said...

Transformers looks good, but there's a chance it's just Independence Day and Armageddon blended together. I'm getting tired of the plotless Summer SFX exploitation flicks. Don't disappoint me, Stephen!
(I still bought the collector's editions of both films)
lol

Mom said...

I think all your choices were good. I definitely want to see all the movies you chose. I'm in when you guys go too! I think Jack Bauer can learn a lesson or two from John McClane, don't you think?

MrManuel said...

Cass - Of course you can go with us!

Nani - Yeah, those will be fun!

Evil E - All good choices. I will probably just wait and rent 28 weks later. May even rent Hostel 2 instead of seeing it. We'll see...

Npanth - Funny, I hope Transformers turns out EXACTLY like those two films!

Mom - Probably!!

dmarks said...

You are back on my blog roll. I think earlier when I moved you to the "main" one I forgot to save. Rectified now.

Mind if I use your exact movie list as a post sometime?

Anonymous said...

I want to know if Harry Potter loses his virginity in this one. Does his "magic wand" get a workout?

Tara said...

Hey, great post! I love movies, I can't wait for the third installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Order of the Phoenix".

Found you through BabyBull's blog!

MrManuel said...

Dmarks - Be my guest!!

Sonja - Perv!

Tara = Welcome!

Heidi said...

Great list! I particularly like it cause I can compare the opening dates with the ones here in Hong Kong and ditto for Toronto, etc. Thanks.