Thursday, November 03, 2005

And you're reproducing?

I had this patient who was going to go home, be we needed an ultrasound first. The ultrasound department was really busy and the patient ended up waiting about 3 hours. Naturally, she got hungry and asked for something to eat. I got her a sandwich, then went back to the front. I'm sitting there charting when the father of the baby comes up to me and we have the following conversation:

"Can I ask you something?"
"Of course."
"You know the little red cherry tomato that came with the sandwich?"
"Yeah..."
"Well, it fell on the floor and I picked it up and she ate it. Is that ok?"
Pause... "Um, yeah. There's a lot that happens in those rooms though and the floors get kinda messy sometimes. We clean them, but still, I wouldn't make a habit of eating things that have fallen on the floor."
"Ok."

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not a conversation you would have with a 4 year old?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I love your stories.

Anonymous said...

We need nitwits in our lives to break up the monotony.
Thanks for the chuckle.

MrManuel said...

Just for kicks...you should have told them you clean the floors with poison and she is going to die. Better yet, tell him she will die unless he does the chicken dance in his underwear. He might have done it...