Thursday, November 10, 2005

File this under STUPID

You know, Hollywood is just running out of ideas. Sequals, I don't mind as I might to want to watch a further adventure of a character. However, remakes are something that I am not always a fan of. If you are going to remake something, at least do it WAY after the first movie came out... say 30 years or so. Now, two movies that are less than 20 years old are in talks to be remade. Two CLASSICS!


Can someone explain to me why you would want to remake these great movies? Ok, maybe in another 20 years, but now? They were perfect. Why change them? What, are you going to make it for a younger crowd and put Paul Walker in the jungle? Put Ashton Kutcher in the Robocop costume? Why, Why, Why?


However, in other news, there are talks of a Terminator tv show coming out. Now, before you ask why, it won't really be about the Terminator. The show is slated to be called the Sarah Conner Chronicles. This show is supposed to follow her life in between the 2nd and 3rd films. I actually think this sounds pretty interesting. Since there were no Terminator attacks in this time frame, it will be more of her vigilante life rather that some scifi show. I'll watch it just out of curiosity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is stupid that they are making a remake of Predator. I love that movie....I grew up on that movie....thanks dad! I don't believe there is any possible way it could be any better. I don't really remember the Robocop movies that much though, but I think I grew up on those too...oh the joys of growing up in an older family I love it! About the Sarah Conner Chronicles that does sound pretty interesting.