Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hmmm......

So my five minute unloading will go like this..... I don't have compaints or things that piss me off. I don't have any lists to share or people to back or embarrassing humans to make fun of. I will abuse the english language and every grammar rule ever made, but in the end you will get the point. Maybe.

I am discovering more and more nowadays that I discover more things about myself and other people the more I get to know them. I think that through my subdued silence and emotional disconnect I have attained a certain expertise in what actual real emotion is. What motivates us all as people. What may follow are simply just questions that you can consider or ponder or throw out your mind just as soon as you read it. I guess I simply don't care if anyone gets it or cares or takes away anything from it, but through some prodding I have been pushed into doing what is the only thing that seems to come completely naturally to me. And no it's not scowling and being an asshole you jerks so stop pushing your buzzer cause Alex is not going to ask for your response.

Why do people LIE? It seems that I get such a response from genuine honesty that it boggles my mind that one would come to think a lie is a better option. People can come up with different reasons as to why they lie, but in the end it is all very simple. Fear. Of any number of things. Mostly of people really knowing who you are as person. When one lies they can misdirect others around them as to who they are and what they stand for. When one stands by the truth they are exposing themself to the onlooking eyes of the masses. Rare is the person that can stand on a stage and say, "JUDGE ME, cause I can take it."

Clarity is striking at times for it can come in the darkness of the late night hours. Clarity can also arise when surrounded by an entire room of family and friends. I can only challenege everyone. The next time you are faced with the option, what will you choose? Cause there is ALWAYS an option. The Truth is always out there, but can you handle the truth?

P.S. I know I ripped off the last sentence. DEAL with it! Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my life I've determined that lies are told 1. to avoid the consequences of telling the truth out of laziness,( don't want to deal with the discussion) or fear (don't want to be judged,or no longer loved).
2. the pathological belief that the lie is actually the truth as it is told.
People lie because they aren't perfect.

MrManuel said...

Lies I believe are told for two reasons aw well.

#1 They are told because the person is just a jerk. And yes, there are people who ARE just jerks out there. However...

#2 Like you said, people lie vecause of fear. This person deep down may be a really good person, but they don't want to dissapoint you or show how they have failed you. Is it any better than #1? That is for you to decide...

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I agree with you, Rich. I would like very much to be the kind of person who can hand out the truth as well as receive it, even if it is hurtful, but the funny thing is, human nature tends to want to protect itself from hurtful things. Unless a person is in a situation where they feel comfortable and safe enough to have their real self exposed, that person is going to get defensive and lash out at those who tell him or her things he or she doesn't want to hear. And THAT is why people lie - to protect themselves from unconfortable situations.