Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Shoes

I guess this is my only getaway at times. Stare at a blank screen and fill it up with nonsense and randomness. I know we have all been posed that simple question in life. For love or money? And there are two answers to that question. But most people would tell you Love. What if you didn't have an answer at all? I pretend it is one or the other depending on the day of the week you ask me the question. I do not have a particular link to either love or money at this point in time. It is 230 in the morning and rather than getting drunk, getting high, or getting some I am in front of a computer screen. The simple follow up to all this would be to ask me if this helps? Does writing cure my disease? Is it the drug I seek to sustain my addiction? I simply say maybe. Cause I don't have love. I don't have money. And I don't have a love for money. Maybe I do have the answer to the key of life. SHOES!!! It is all about the shoes. If you have seen my closet you know what I am talking about. So when the world has got you down just go to the closet and wear a brand new pair of kicks baby! That solves all my problems. Except for one. Why did she make me give up my fairy tale? I haven't found the shoes to cure that cold. Later folks.

10 comments:

MrManuel said...

Shoes man?!?!! Shoes?!?! I don't know, it doesn't do it for me. Maybe that is why you live with Phil. I didn't realize you were quite the shoe whore that he is.

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to my brother...sorry bro, but buying shoes can be a good release, take it from the person who is in Fashion school, I myself buy clothes!!!
Cassie

MrManuel said...

Alright, my release is buying DVDs then.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

What's my release? I don't buy or want anything... How sad.

Anonymous said...

Jess, you are OK. I don't buy anything to make me happy either. Buying only makes you happy for a little while. Clothes, shoes, dvd's can't cure what ails you. It's fun but not a cure. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey is nani calling us pathetic?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you guys - if buying something or wearing something makes you happy for that moment then it was worth it. What is wrong with a little fun?

Anonymous said...

I'm with the people who buy things. My vice is handbags... at least every time I carry it, I feel good. There is nothing like walking into a room with my new Burberry and feeling good. Spoiled? Maybe. Superficial? Definitely. But no matter what has me down (like my husband working in Omaha) I can always look at my purse and know looking good always helps feeling good.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

OOOhhh good one Kelly, I forgot I buy purses...well I did when I still had money...and they weren't Burberry either,nice by the way... but I do have a Betsey Johnson! I do feel pretty hot when I have a nice purse on my shoulder!
Cassie

Unknown said...

hey really excellent post....I love your presentation !!!!!I have four pair of shoes which is bought fromcaterpillar shoes.....The life of the shoe is great....