Monday, November 28, 2005

The Five Things That Pissed Me Off Last Week

Complete with an emergency room visit!!!

5. I hate my lawnmower. It never starts when I want it to. Usually takes me about 10 minutes and kills my arms by the time I get it started. I am going to shoot that thing!

4. Last week there were 120 visits to my website.....total number of comments left on my blog....EIGHT! What the hell?!?!? I am sorry that it takes SO LONG to leave a one sentence comment. With that many visits, is there really only that much that people have to say? Geez...

3. Orko pukes almost every day. What the hell?!?!

2. We got smashed in Turkey Bowl this year 42-14. In case you don't know what it is, my friends have a team that plays another group of friends in tackle football every Thanksgiving. It is a pretty big deal with shirts, an MVP shirt, and even a trophy. We won the last 2 years, but this year, things did not really work out. I came away from the game with a little road rash from the dry grass, but it wasn't really all that bad at first....or so I thought.

1. Well, the little scrape ended up wose than I thought. I cleaned it out and thought everything was ok, but by Friday night, it started to swell up like a balloon and was hot to the touch. The skin almost all around my leg was rock hard. It just didn't look good. I visited my wife at work and a couple of the other nurses told me I could use a visit to the emergency room. So I went and I was ok with that because by that time, I was in tons of pain. When they finally saw me, about 2:30am, I found out I had a bad infection that was spreading and I needed antibiotics. They ended up giving me a shot in my buttocks and was sent home with more antibiotics and Vicodin. Yeah, it really sucked. From a scrape I've got plenty of other times before in soccer games.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your leg is so icky I can't even look at it...but I just wanted to say that Mike had a lot of fun playing in the Turkey Bowl with you guys...he said he would play again next year...so thank you for letting him play...Love you Brother and I hope your leg gets better soon
Cassie

Anonymous said...

EEWWW yucky leg. I'm glad you went to the emergency room and got meds. Your skin was hard because you were swollen to the max. You'll probably peel later.
Love you sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I wanted to say something else...your leg...it's shit like that, that I realized I couldn't handle looking at and why I realized forensic photography was definitely not my thing... and that's why I now go to Fashion school! : )

Anonymous said...

It could be worse - about your lawnmower. I hit mine with the car pulling into the garage, and now it doesn't work at all. Pete thinks it's my fault. I keep telling him it just needs an oil change. (He doesn't know I hit it with the car. He suspects, but doesn't know.)

Sorry about the leg. Don't those antibiotic shots burn!

Kelly

MrManuel said...

Kel, next time you are in town, feel free to ram a car into my lawnmower. It would be much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

ouch! It hurt me to see it when it happened and it hurt even more to see it all marked up where the swelling was. Take care my son! That was a freakish thing that happened.