Sunday, July 30, 2006

How Time Flies...

It just occurred to me that today is July 30. Tomorrow is the last day of the month, then it's August. I'm pretty sure it was just last week that I was mulling over how it was already June.

I remember being young and hearing my parents say that the older you get, the faster time goes. I remember thinking how ridiculous that statement was - time is time - it goes at the same rate, regardless of age.

Now I see how wrong I was. Time does fly by the older I get. It's scary. I mean, it's already been nearly 4 years that I've been married, 2 years since I graduated from nursing school, nearly 2 years that we've lived in our house.

I just hope I don't wake up one morning and realize that I'm 40 and ask myself where my life went, what do I have to show for all these years? I think that might be one of my biggest fears...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy Rooney said "time is like toilet paper, it goes faster toward the end". That really is true.
You have already accomplished a great deal. As a nurse you have brought comfort to so many. Your life does matter and will even more as the years go by.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I can't believe my kids are TEENAGERS!! That's scary! Where did my life go? Shrug!

MrManuel said...

My body after the gym tells me I'm old...

Anonymous said...

All my physical ailments make me feel old.

My fourteen year old makes me feel old.

You and Manuel all grown up and married and talking about being old, makes me feel old! (Dang!)