Monday, July 31, 2006

I like dumb criminals....

It always makes me laugh when a criminal gets caught only because they were dumb....

"WESTLAKE, Ohio -- A waitress who asked a woman to show proof of age upon ordering a drink was shown her own license, police said.

The waitress, a 22-year-old Lakewood woman, had reported her wallet stolen from a bar on July 9. Her driver's license and credit card were in the wallet. The credit card had already been used for $1,000 in illicit purchases, authorities said.

Last week, the waitress was working at the Moosehead Saloon when the stolen license was produced, officers said.

As the waitress called Westlake police, the woman apparently got suspicious and took off , according to police. She was identified by a friend as Maria Bergan, 23.

Bergan was arrested at her home Saturday night. She remains in the Westlake City Jail."


When Jessica's license was stolen and checks were made in her name and spent all over town, I prayed that the culprit would slip and show the license to the wrong person. I figured though, what are the chances of THAT actually happening. Good to see someone got caught. I have absolutely no sympathy for people who commit identity theft. I think they rank near the top of criminals I HATE. Still, I find this story hilarious...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funny. What a stupid woman. I bet she caught on when she realized the waitress looked like the woman on the license. I'm glad she got caught. What a doofus!

MrManuel said...

But, you would think she would have noticed the face of the waitress even BEFORE she was aksed for it. You steal an identity, you would think you would know what the person looks like. Dummy...

Anonymous said...

I love those dumb crook stories. What an idiot!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Ah, justice, at least for someone...

Anonymous said...

That's why I never try to "pull a fast one," on people. Besides, I'm not a very good liar:)

Anonymous said...

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read!!!LOL Crime dosen't pay. What a jerk!

Anonymous said...

Since I live in Ohio, though I was not born here thank goodness, I can say... I am not surprised.