Tuesday, July 11, 2006

World Cup is over....

...time to move on I guess. Man, that month went way too quick. I hate that I have to wait another 4 years. At least the Euros have Euro 2008 and the South Americans have Copa America. To be the fan of the US, you have to wait until the next World Cup for a major competition. Yes, we have the Gold Cup, but that bites. Oh well, it gives the US time to regroup from the disaster that was the World Cup. Congrats to Italy for their victory. I thought it was an enjoyable game that was only marred by the Zidane head butt. Some people are placing the blame on him for France losing the final, but I don't think it really made a big impact on the game. It still would have gone to penalty kicks and Italy didn't look like they were going to miss any. Who knows. It is sad to see Zidane go out like that, but hey, shit happens.




















The new Rocky trailer was just released. Unlike the great teaser that was released a few months ago and didn't included any movie footage, this one has a bunch of footage. Most people are against this whole idea, but being the big fan I am, I'm going to go see it anyways. Check it out and let me know what you think...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas huh. OK. But it seems wrong seeing a senior citizen getting clobbered in the ring.
Smiles.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Apparently you think WE are seeing this movie, but I've only seen the first Rocky, and I'm not willing to watch the rest in order to get caught up enough to go see the 6th with you. Like Transformers, you'll probably have to go see it with friends.

Love you though.

And dare I say yay that the World Cup is over. Now I can have my husband back.

Anonymous said...

Jess, I've been meaning to say...I love the poochies in the picture next to your comments. I wish Orco was bigger though. We can barely see him.
We saw the whole Rocky series and it was good in it's time. I guess we'll see the new one but most likely will wait for DVD.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Italy!!! You George Foreman was an old man last time he fought. Rocky kicks butt!!

MrManuel said...

Nani- just click on the pic twice to get it big

Anonymous said...

Christmas - I can't stand the wait. How can ANYBODY not like Rocky and what he is all about. Son, you know I'll go with you. Just listening to the music gave me goosebumps. Pirates tomorrow, Miami Vice just around the corner - and more still to come - Sis - he's not a senior citizen -- He's Rocky!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa!


I am NOT watching this one! Rocky always has ONE MORE guy to beat! And, where's ADRIAN?

Unknown said...

Love the pics. Might use them on my next post.

MrManuel said...

Al,
Adrian is dead. Translation - didn't resign/contract problems = DEAD