Thursday, July 20, 2006

OK, ummm, what??!?!

This was an actual letter to the editor just printed in the Charlotte Observer...

Fear mongerers, didn't you forget something?

Every day I see countless articles about politics, the war and why flip-flops aren't good for your feet, but I also see Charlotteans neglecting the important news.

The threat of a zombie attack.
The dead are everywhere: in our cemeteries, in our morgues, in our own backyards. The potential for an undead uprising is huge. There is no question we'd be overcome -- we would be no match for their brute strength and blind determination to feast on human flesh. I appeal to parents to sit down with their children and discuss emergency evacuation plans, which household items make the best weapons, and how to recognize when a loved one no longer has a soul.

Please, Charlotte, concentrate on the real danger.

Diana Westley


Umm....huh?



NEW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles teaser trailer! Here is the clip to click on, but if it should stop working, here is the link. Be patient, it's going slow at times because of traffic.





http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/

Yup, looks good.

Be sure to give love to today's other post below as well....

10 comments:

Valkyrie said...

That has to be a joke letter. It has to be.

(Please oh please oh please!)

MrManuel said...

Well, the paper printed it....

Valkyrie said...

I hope the person who wrote the letter was 'joking.' That's what I meant

MrManuel said...

Could go either way, but with all the wackos out there, I am leaning towards it was serious.

Anonymous said...

Just because it is in the paper doesn't make it true. I think that is a "tongue in cheek" letter. Not a joke, just a diversion. But think about it, the undead suddently rising...YIKES!

Anonymous said...

Just the fact that the paper printed the letter cracks me up. Do you think if we printed more tongue-in-cheek articles like that the world could be a better place? I loved the TMNT trailer! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

I think it's dangerous to print things like that because lots of stupid people will fall for it, and then we have things like riots.

That Ninja Turtles clip gave me goosebumps, until the end. Seth is gonna love that!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to zombie proff my house tonite!!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»