Saturday, July 08, 2006

I Can't Believe The Rudeness...

Manuel and I went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie Friday afternoon. This post is not about the movie, so I'll keep my review of it short: It was good. Not as funny as the first as it was a much darker story. There was a fun ending that was a cliffhanger for the third. And stay through the credits - there is a little fun thing at the end.

Now, why I'm writing... I am amazed at how rude and inconsiderate people are at the movies. Someone's cell phone rang. The people behind us talked. The girl behind Manuel took her shoes off and put her feet up on the empty chair next to him and her feet smelled. The guy behind me kept bumping my chair with his legs and even after a few dirty looks never apologized. Someone occasionally shined a laser pointer on the screen.

This lack of respect for other people spending their hard-earned money to watch a movie UNINTERRUPTED absolutely amazes me. I used to LOVE going to the movies, but lately, each time I go, something like this happens. It really frustrates me and I leave swearing to myself that I'll never go to the movies again. I just want to scream at these rude people to grow up and follow the rules of common decency. Is that too much to ask?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Jess. Uncle Skip and I go to the movies only when it is a MUST SEE. Otherwise, we wait for the DVD. People are rude, inconsiderate and stinky. I once sat next to a guy that kept scratching his head. I was afraid I would get lice sitting next to him so we moved. ICK!
We will go see Pirates next weekend. Thanks for the tip to stay through the credits. We usually get the hell out of Dodge when the movie ends. LOL!!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I think about the creepy crawlies when at the movies too. I reluctantly rest my head against the seat back, but if I think about it too much, I start getting the itchies and the heebie jeebies. It's sad, really...

Anonymous said...

I'm a must-see movie theater person as well. Otherwise, in the comfort of my own home is where I like to be!! Can't believe that stinky foot thing though - I think I would have said something!!!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Yeah, I wondered why he didn't. I would have too.

Anonymous said...

When I walk into a theater, it stinks! It smells like butts. Then in the summertime, some people get swetty, as well as smelly! Man, I hate the movie theater! I hardly ever go! And only for movies I absolutely cannot wait for. In fact the last time I went, I went to see Harry Potter, and the Goblet of Fire and before that it was Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith.
Also, I think people in general do not have good manners, anymore.

Unknown said...

I guess they think that just because they paid for the seat, it gives them the right to do whatever they want.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! The show is GROSS!!! I hate putting my feet on the floor. I can't beleive that b***h put her feet up like that. I would have told her to put her stank ass feet down. I'm glad the movie was good a least.

Valkyrie said...

Hmmm. This has been a MUST SEE movie year, and I'm glad I haven't run into alot of obnoxious people.