Thursday, July 20, 2006

What so and so taught me...

Sometimes I cruise random blogs for good ideas to write about. I recently saw this idea which looked kind of fun. Take a random music band you like. Take the the title of one of their songs or a line in it and turn it into a lesson you have learned. Yeah, makes no sense at all right now, but you'll get the idea really quick. For example:
George Michael taught me that you gotta have faith...

So, in partial alphabetical order, here is what I learned from music....

AC/DC taught me that money talks
Bloodhound Gang taught me the a lapdance is so much better when the stripper is crying
Beastie Boys taught me to fight for my right to party
Bon Jovi taught me that for love - we'll give it a shot
Disturbed taught me to get down with the sickness
Dave Matthews taught me to take these chance and place them in a box until a quieter time
Denis Leary taught me that I'm an asshole
Extreme taught me that there's a hole in my heart that can only be filled by you
The Eagles taught me that you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave
Faith No More taught me that you want it all but you can't have it
Foo Fighters taught me that I'll never be your monkey wrench
Guns N Roses taught me to have some patience, don't cry, and that you could be mine
Green Day taught me to have the time of my life
Godsmack taught me that I'm doing the best that I can, so go away
Hootie taught me to let her cry
Hall and Oats taught me that I can't go for that(No can do)
Kiss taught me that I wanna rock and roll all night
Kid Rock taught me that it ain't braggin' mother fucka if you can back it up
Lynyrd Skynyrd taught me to be a simple man
Limp Bizkit taught me to keep rollin'
Marilyn Manson taught me that I wasn't born with enough middle fingers and that there's no time to discriminate - hate every mother fucker
Metallica taught me to trust in who we are because nothing else matters
Motley Crue taught me that all around the world, girls will be girls
Onyx taught me to slam
Pearl Jam taught me that some words when spoken can't be taken back
REM taught me that everbody hurts
System of a Down taught me there's something wrong with me
Tool taught me to learn to swim
U2 taught me that I still haven't found what I'm looking for
Van Halen taught me that I might as well jump
Sinead O Conner taught me that nothing compares to you
Dee Light taught me that groove is in the heart
Right Said Fred taught me that I'm too sexy
Michael Jackson taught me to just beat it
Weird Al taught me to just eat it
Chumbawumba taught me that if I get knocked down, to get back up again
and finally........

Vanilla Ice taught me to stop, collaborate, and listen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Montley Crue taught me I'm too young to fall in love.
Godsmack taught me VooDoo, whatever
Prince taught me that doves cry
Roy Orbason taught me to cry

That was fun!

Anonymous said...

Sooo, Even though I know all these newer songs, I'll tell you what I learned back in my days:
Linda Ronstad taught me that I've been cheated, been mistreated, when will I be loved.
Carole King taught me that it's too late baby
The Beatles taught me that it's been a hard days night
Elvis taught me that he ain't nothing but a hound dog
Leon Russell taught me I'm up on a tightrope, one side hate, and one is hope
James Taylor taught me how sweet it is to be loved by you
Chicago taught me does anybody really know what time it is
The Carpenters taught me to bless the beasts and the children
Cat Stevens taught me that its a wild world
Phil Collins taught me there's something in the air tonight
The Everly Bros taught me that all I have to do is dream
Janis Joplin taught me to Try (just a little bit harder)
The Mamas and Papas taught me that all the leaves are brown, and the sky is grey
Aretha Franklin taught me RESPECT
Diana Ross taught me that someday we'll be together and that their ain't no moutain high enough
The Jackson 5 taught me that ABC is easy as 1,2,3
Gladys Knight taught me that I've got to use my imagination
and even from a most unlikely source, Disney taught me that It's a small world after all!!
That was sooo fun! I could just go on and on!
Thanks for a great blog!

MrManuel said...

Thanks for responding guys, those were good lists. Mom, I am especially impressed with how long yours is. Must be really slow at work...

Anonymous said...

Led Zeppelin taught me it's good to squeeze Robert Plant's lemon.

Kiss taught me that I'm a Hard Luck Woman.

Shawn Cassidy taught me to Do-Ron-Ron.(and my heart stood still)

Pink Floyd made me realize that that I wish you were here.

Metallica also taught me that nothing else matters.

Johnny Cash taught me to walk the line.

Barbra Streisand taught me how love is ageless and evergreen.

Elvis taught me that Hawaii is blue.

Alanis Morrisette taught me that men and jagged little pills.

Gretchen Wilson showed me I might me a red neck woman, cuz I ain't no high class broad and I'm here for the party!

Anonymous said...

Very nice everybody. I tried to come up with some yesterday but I was too busy at work and kept getting interrupted. Nice post Manuel.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»