Thursday, July 27, 2006

IDIOT!


Last Sunday, I cheered with the news that American Floyd Landis had won the Tour de France. I wouldn't say that I am huge fan of bicycle races, but this is the one event in the sport I can get behind because of it's magnitude. With Lance Armstrong's retirement, I was certain an American victory would be out of reach. Landis proved me wrong and despite a HUGE setback a few days before the end of the race, he came out on top. Yeah. U-S-A! I was proud. Note the word WAS. Word is coming out today that Landis has tested postive for large amounts of testosterone and is suspended pending further testing. This is an embarresment. You know, with all the scandals Armstrong went through, our country didn't need a scandal like this. If this all turns out to be true, SCREW YOU LANDIS!!!



Another week, another Zombie story. This time from Minneapolis: "Six friends spruced up in fake blood and tattered clothing were arrested in downtown Minneapolis on suspicion of toting "simulated weapons of mass destruction."

Police said the group were allegedly carrying bags with wires sticking out, making it look like a bomb, while meandering and dancing to music as part of a "zombie dance party" Saturday night.

"They were arrested for behavior that was suspicious and disturbing," said Lt. Gregory Reinhardt, a police spokesman. Police also said the group was uncooperative and intimidated people with their "ghoulish" makeup.

One group member said the "weapons" were actually backpacks modified to carry a homemade stereos and were jailed without reason. None of the six adults and one juvenile arrested have been charged."

What is with all the zombie love lately in our country?!?!?



It is exactly ONE YEAR TODAY until the Simpsons Movie comes out in the theater. Can't wait! Simpsons AND Transformers in the same month? What is a boy to do?

Rich has a new post today (finally) right below. Be sure to check it out!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't judge Landis to quickly. I only believe half of what I read.
I guess Zombies are making a comeback. Whatever...
I saw Rich's post and was glad to see him back.
Simpson's movie. Not a fan.
I'm happy to see you posting more often.
Smiles

Unknown said...

Ouch, drugs reaching cyling now? Is nothing sacred anymore? don't really care about the Simpsons movie. Family Guy is the new Simpsons.

Rhys said...

Best Headline was from Fark.com:

"Tour winner Floyd Landis tests positive for testosterone, a substance unknown to French officials"

Testoster-OwN3D!!!!11111

Anonymous said...

Why is a man having large amounts of testosterone in his system wrong? What could an extra amount of testosterone possibly do to enhance a bike ride?(got...to...keep....going...!!!something like that maybe?)I don't get it.

That's a really funny headline, Rhys! French folks, whoa!

Maybe Rob Zombie created a movement, eh?

Simpsons rock! But, you know, I think Leon is right about the Family Guy.

MrManuel said...

Rhys - that headline is friggin' hilarious!

Leon - True, Family Guy is better than Simpsons right now, but I have too much love for the Simpsons to not see it.

Nani - I'm not really judging Landis, just basing it on the test results. He came out and denied it, but we all now how that goes. I hope and pray the second results are negative, but I am skeptical.

Al - testosterone is said to help the athlete work more intensly. They can recover faster. In short, work harder, less fatigue.

Anonymous said...

First of all I have to say I love your new wolverine pic. I couldn't believe the Landis story either. It's a shame. I am more a fan of the Simpson's than Family Guy. It's funny, but I could never really get into it like the Simpsons. I don't know if I can hardly wait for it, but I will see it. Transformers I will definitely see.

Battlerocker said...

Funny story and that sucks about Landis. Although, I am going to wait until I learn more. I may be naive, but something smells fishy. Its hard to believe, with all the attention focused on U.S. cyclers and drugs, that someone would try it. I'b betting its either natural or a set up. But a day will likely prove me the fool.

Valkyrie said...

Family Guy is a blatant rip off of the Simpsons-- and not nearly as good.

Sorry, Leon.

Anonymous said...

Funny is Funny. The Simpsons are on their 200th season right? So that has to say something. Family Guy is someimes just gross. That guy Landis is a jucier. Sorry mom, but they all do it, and TRY to get away with it. It's not right.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»