Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day 94..........late

So where was I you all ask? Thanks to some wonderful work with Comcast and my Mother they combined to kill my modem. I had no access to my lil computer. I realized I needed to begin backing up everything soon cause I would never recover from a crash. I could elaborate and bore you with the details of me whining about having two of my days off ruined by a slight computer inconvenience, but perspective just hit. It wasn't really a crisis and I didn't lose any hair over it. All my hair is gone anyway. I am officially the bald friend in the group. Yiiiipeeee.
Time for something goofy.

Is anyone else in the world completely obsessed with ITunes?

I was late to get into the Ipod generation because it wasn't always compatible to a PC. I even started out small. I got a Ipod shuffle. It is handy and nice for working out, but still doesn't completely give you the full Ipod experience. I upgraded to a Ipod nano about a year ago.
This allowed me to get into the storage capacity of the Ipod as well as it's ability to play soo much music. Thank heaven for Podcasting. It brought back my one true radio love. Opie and Anthony. Thanks to audible.com and XM radio I was able to listen to their morning radio show whenever I wanted to which was cool cause they are east coast guys. I'd never catch em live living in Sacramento. Now cause of my job as a driver I listen to them through my Ipod all weekend. I have listened to every broadcast since late August last year. Up until XM and Audible screwed me over by suspending the duo for absolutely NOTHING. Now I have been without for the past 3 weeks. I am forced to listen to old shows. Yes I have them saved and yes they are worth listening to over and over again. I am just a goof that way.

It's not just the radio podcasting. I visit the ITunes store on a daily basis. I have taken it as far as to watch a favorite TV show or movie and heard a song I liked and gone straight to the computer to see if it is in the ITunes store so I can download it. Classic example. I watch the TV show Smallville. The beginning moments of a recent episode had a song playing and by simply guessing the title I was able to listen to a sample of the song and determine it was the same one I just heard on the show. I downloaded it and listened to it nonstop for about a week. Just for disclosure purposes the song is "You Could Be Happy." The band Snow Patrol released it.

Oh and the pre-orders! If you know some of my history on this blog you might recall how I stayed up till midnight of the release date to get my pre-order copy of Christina Aguilera's "Back to Basics" CD. An hour after midnight the entire album was listened to and I was a satisfied customer. not to mention the pre-orders of albums usually come with extra tracks or other ITunes exclusive goodies. I at the moment had Daddy Yankee, T.I., and 50 cent on pre-order. I might have a problem.

This is my short advertisement for Ipods and ITunes. Without them I would not have Opie and Anthony, Joss Stone, Brother Ali, Joe Rogan, Young Jeezy, or NE-YO. My life would be emptier without em. Get an Ipod people. NOW! Rabble Rock.

3 comments:

MrManuel said...

Overrated. Just get a generic one and pay way less. Then download the songs off the net for free! That is my solution.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I haven't found an IPOD that I like and the prices are too ridiculous for words.... But I might ask for one at X-mas time..

Mom said...

I want an Ipod. Cassie has one and she does the same thing. Hears a song, finds it, and then dowloads it. She actually has burned some nice cd's and it was great for getting all the songs she wanted for her CD wedding favor. Maybe the generic could do the same but either way, I want something like that.