Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Top Five Tuesday #10

In honor of Star Wars Appreciation Week, which we are celebrating because of the 30th anniversary of A New Hope's release, I have decided to dedicate my top 5 to this great series. These movies have been full of great moments. Here are my top 5 moments.

#5 - "I love you..." - From Empire Strikes Back; Han Solo is about to be frozen in carbonite and taken away. Princess Leia finally professes her love to Han and says, "I love you." Han, because he is the coolest character of all time says, "I know." What is even better is that he improved that line.

#4 - Speeders - From Return of the Jedi. Not really a great scene now, but as a kid watching Luke on the speeder bikes was one of the coolest things I had ever seen. Such an intense scene.

#3 - "You're all clear kid..." - In a New Hope, Skywalker is about to destroy the Death Star, but is being trailed by Vader and in his missile lock. As Vader is about to fire, Solo comes back and shoots Vader out of the way. He then says the classic line, "You're all clear, kid! Now let's blow this thing and go home!"

#2 - Duel of the Fates - Near the end of Phantom Menace, the good guys are storming the palace. Suddenly, Darth Maul appears to fight them. The sudden appearance, the music, the double lightsaber, and the look he gives the heroes make this a classic scene. It is the first 20 seconds or so of this clip.



#1 - Rebirth - In Revenge of the Sith, Anakin is defeated and turned into Vader at last. Then he breathes for the first time. This gave me chills to the extreme. This is a little after the two minute mark.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't argue with you. All five most excellent scenes.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a favorite scene, but I do love the Ewoks!

And I like your quote from From Dusk Till Dawn!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

All good scenes.. I do remember #3 more so than the others..

Anonymous said...

Duel of the fates is probably my favorite scene in Episodes 1-3. When that door opens and Darth Maul appears and drops his hood, there is nothing more to say than "it's on" It is the best light saber duel in the entire series.

In Episodes 4-6 the best scene in my eyes is the AT-AT battle on Hoth. Those might be the best vehicles in the entire series. Empire was the best of them all.

Mom said...

I have to agree - all good choices. I do have to admit, however, I agree with #1. It gave me chills! WOW!!!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I remember after Episode 3 came out we were hanging out with Gabe and Shannon and you and Gabe we talking about the movie. I interjected into the conversation that I thought the part where Darth Vader takes his fist breath gave me chills and Gabe turned to you and said, "You have the best wife ever!"

I watched the clips you included and to this day both of them give me chills. They are both just so intense.

Crazy Bitch said...

GOOD POST, MANUEL!!!!!!!!!!
You know how I LOVE Star Wars!

I love every moment of that saga. George Lucas is a genius! I want to marry him!

npanth said...

The last scene in Empire Strikes Back is one of my favorites. I remember my frustration at the time. 3 Long years until Revenge of the Jedi ;)
I like the Mynok scene in Empire Strikes Back. Actually, I like any scene on the Millennium Falcon...