Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Top Five Tuesday #7

DMarks wanted me to do a post on the top 5 places to eat. I assumed he meant in the local area so here goes. I like to eat so it is no problem coming up with a list!

#5 - King Egg Roll. Actually, this place isn't here n Sacramento. It's actually 2.5 hours away in San Jose, but since it is so good, I have to include it. As you can probably guess, this place is Chinese, but it is more of a Chinese deli instead of a restaurant. What makes this place so good? Again, as you can probably guess, it is the egg rolls. They are easily the best I have ever had. In fact, they are so popular, that every time I go, there is a line out the door and down the sidewalk in front of 3 or 4 other stores. I hate Seinfield, but it is basicallylike the Soup Naiz episode. People stay in the line, go to the counter, order their egg rolls, and movie on. And they are huge egg rolls and here is the topper - they are only 50 cents each. So, I can go and order these huge, delicious eggs rolls for only pocket change. I love it. This would be #1 if it was in town.

#4 - Murder Burger - Thsi place is 30 minutes away in Davis, but it has the best burgers I have ever had. I miss living in Davis to make Murder Burger runs. They actually tried to open one here in town, but it failed and along with that, people made a stink of the name because Murder is such a horrible name. Now it is called Redrum Burger, but we still call it Murder Burger. They have awesome season fries and great fresh fruit shakes. God, I need to go back.

#3 - BJs - A brewery chain that is great because it has literally a zillion things on the menu. Bugers, pizza, homemade meals, etc. What really seperates it rom other placeslike this is the Pizookie. The pizzokie is a GIANT cookie that is cooked and then served with a scoop of ice cream on top. Words can't describe how good this is. My favorite is the Oreo pizookie which is basically an Oreo Cookie(w/o the middle) that is cooked warm and gooey. So good.

#2 - Sunrise at the Oasis - Another Brewery. I don't know how all their food is because I only get one thing there. For an appetizer, I always get the Blue Fries. This is a plate that is filled with chili oil, chili sprinkles, and melted blue cheese and topped with a pound of fries. It is to die for and serves plenty. The for main dish I always get the Buffalo Burger which is BlueCheese and BBQ Sauce burger. It is delicious!

#1 - The House of Chicken and Ribs - Only discovered this place a couple of years ago. This is a southern style BBQ place. I always get the spicy tri-tip. It is amazing. With some great sides like cornbread, mac and cheese, and baked beans, this place is one tasty place to go!

What do you like in your town?

Again, in case you missed it yesterday, I am going to have a hard time visiting everyone's blogs this week due to my computer problems. I should be back up and running by next week. I will try to stop in here and there, but it will be scarce. I promise to be back in full force commenting on your sites next week!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok let's see...
I'm going to do six becuase I don't know if one of them really counts!
1. Nordstrom Cafe. My mom and I love going to eat here. It is delicious! It's also healthy. We always get half a turkey sandwich witha small salad with cherry vinagrette and tomato soup and it comes with cheese bread. Oh my good it is so good!
2. BJ's...I 've only been to this restaurant once, but I love it! They have pizza which is great and yes the pazookie is to die for! I need to go there!
3. Murder Burger...when my brother and sister in law were living in Davis we would always go to eat here. Mike and I always say that we need to go, but it can be such a hassle to drive to Davis.
4. Rainforest Cafe. This place is good to eat and it's super cute inside. I love themed restaurants. It's not in Sacramento though, the nearest one is in San Francisco. I'll be going there on the day before my birthday! I'm excited!
5. Giovanni's Fish & Chips. I don't know if that's the correct name, but this place is in Morro Bay. I don't eat the fish and chips though I eat the corndogs...I know I'm weird. And it's not necessarily one of my favorites but I put it on here because every time we go to Morro Bay we have to eat at Giovanni's. It's a tradition.
6. Jamba Juice. This is the one I didn't know if it would qualify to be on this list, but to me it does. When I'm hungry, but not really in the mood to eat anything I grab a Jamba Juice. They are so good and it makes me feel like I'm being healthy even though they have tons of sugar.

Anonymous said...

We don't eat out much. When we do we go to Baja Fresh because the food is good and not bad for our health.
Your choices sound delicious. Wish we were still young.

Sebastien Millon said...

HAhaha, that cracks me up, Murder Burger... and changing the name to Redrum, that's really funny too, ah, The Shining, what a great movie...

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I know of a couple of places.. One is called Modern Indian Buffet.. Nice atmosphere and friendly people... we order out from there almost every week.. this week is special.. we are going eat in..
next is an Irish pub around the corner called Rebel's Rock.. The owner use to be a cop for the O.P.P in Toronto Ontario.. She retired early.. So she runs this great pub and has many various forms of entertainment every week.. it's great and friendly place.. we will head over there later this week after some East Indian food..Another place is Queens' Subs Two.. great for pizza and wings we order from there alot.. pasta dishes and subs too. That's about all I can come up with.. As you can see I don't get out much.. lol

Michelle said...

Excellent...how about good places to eat with only one dollar!

Anonymous said...

Since I have switched to an entirely no fast food diet, dining out has kind of taken a back seat. I have some favorites around the Cleveland area....but I prefer to cook for myself and for the occasion female. (chicks dig the cooking)

Anonymous said...

OK- maybe Chicken & Ribs would make my list but that is all. My top 5 are:
1- Biba- love the food and the atmosphere. A special occasion place.
2. Rubios- fast, healthy, cheap and good mexican.
3.L&L- pretend I am in Hawaii.
4. Never been but going Sat and am sure to make the list "THE WATERBOY:.
5. Bascially anyplace that I can go to and not cook.
Fran

Anonymous said...

This is for Fran,
The Waterboy is pretty good. I went for our work party. The food is a little fancy for me but it was still good. The atmosphere is really nice too, the restaurant is small and intimate.

Mom said...

I love your choices Man. With the exception of your first one, all the rest are my favorites too. The breweries are great and thePizookies are to die for. Cas, I do love Nordstrom Cafe and I'm glad you mentioned Giovanni's. Best Fish tacos ever! Great post. I'm hungry now but will probably eat a frozen burrito!!!!

npanth said...

Nick Tahoe's!
You should google it, the place is a blast. They only serve Garbage Plates. Greasy burgers, mac salad, Hash browns, and "secret sauce" (grill scrapings, hot sauce, and lard)
I'm getting hypertension just thinking about it ;)

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I do enjoy the restaurants on your top 5. A few others worth metioning: BoBo's, Weiner Works, Pearl House. I'm surprised you didn't list Fudrucker's.

Crazy Bitch said...

My favorite restaurant is The Olive Garden. It's just the best Italian restaurant I've been to. I was going to go to Biba's on National Secretary's Day with my office, but I don't work there anymore.

Crazy Bitch said...

I also agree with Cassie. I love Jamba Juice. I have one for breakfast every day before work.

dmarks said...

Thanks! Now I know what to look for if I am ever in that area again.

Place #1. Nice that they have such an honest name.

Place #4. Do they serve some red rum with the burger?