Monday, May 14, 2007

The Five Things That Pissed Me Off Last Week #9

Damnit, another crappy week. Although, I did have plenty to be happy about, that isn't as much fun to write about.

#5 - We have new next door neighbors. They moved in about 3 weeks ago now. I share some of my lawn with them. They have yet to mow their lawn so the weeds are out of control. I mowed my half in hopes that they would get the hint and see the difference between my lawn and their lawn, but so far after a couple of days, nothing. Sure, I could just go mow theirs, but I don't want to get in the habit of doing that. I ALREADY mow the lawn of my next door neighbor on the other side who I share lawns with. Yeah, I have weeds in the back, but nobody sees them. This is your front lawn that everybody sees. Take some pride.

#4 - Last night was the finale of Survivor. At the end of the show, they asked people to send in applications if they think they have what it takes. As a HUGE Survivor fan, I sent in an application a few years ago. I have yet to be picked. The winner last night admitted he had never seen the show before he got on. This pisses me off. As a true fan of the show, I want on.

#3 - Despite one my clients being coached by me on how to do things the correct way so we have the least amount of headaches, she keeps doing the same damn mistakes. She's making it hard on the both of us. I charge her by the hour, so technically, these mistakes by her work out in my favor. However, I would rather have a couple less hours of pay by her and have a tremendous amount less headaches as a result of the mistakes she makes.

#2 - It was poker night again Saturday at my house and I was the first person knocked out of the tournament. I know I can't expect to do well everytime, but it was the way I was taken out that kills me. I wouldn't have done anything different. I played maybe 5 hands and on each one, I would play them the same way again. My friends even agree with me. I just got unlucky and on some nights, you know you are not destined to do well despite everything you do.

#1 - My laptop is still not better. Remember last Monday I said the part was coming? Well, it did, but it was the wrong one through my own fault. So, I ordered again and this one is supposed to come on Thursday. So, I was still on the desktop all week long last week. I miss my laptop. I miss surfing in the living room.

Because I just realized I never did it, the answers from Thursday's trivia are now posted in the comments for that post. Sorry I am so late there.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

5. Our next door neighbors moved out. I think they lost the house. Remember, he would mow a little and just leave the rest! WT_?
4. I thought about you last night when he made that announcement. Apply again. You could win! Just don't sell your soul like Dreamz did.
3. You client is a cross to bear. We all have those.
2. Poker. Well you were due. You win a lot don't you?
1. Sorry about the laptop. Mine is slow as molasses but it gets there eventually.

Sebastien Millon said...

Poker is one of those games... there's skill involved, but sometimes, the cards lead us down a certain road...

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

5. my step- daughter's yappy mutt was here.. boy that dog is stupid..

4. I over spent on our budget.. need some stuff for the yard..that will put off for yet another week or three..
3. I can't play poker.. at all.. so really sucks..
2. Went to watch Pans Labryinth and the dumb director did this commentary throughout the movie Movie sucked.
1. Well the weather was so-so..but it couldv'e been better.. Theyaren't really things that pissed me off.. but I figured I would join in on the fun..Maybe next week will be better..

Anonymous said...

I have always been apartment guy, I usually cannot stand my neighbors because they are too loud (fighting and stuff), too weird, or they like to cook at 4am. The neighbors in my last place were OK on one side, they were hot and fun to hang out with...but I digress.

Have not seen it since bad girlfriend #2 was kicked out.

Clients can be idiots, this is one of the pitfalls of having to work and deal with them.

I hate losing!

That will eventually be fixed and all will be right in the world.

Mom said...

Sorry dear. I keep saying things will get better but if they did I guess there would be nothing to write about because that is what Mondays are all about! Nani(sis) - just say it - What the fuck - Don't leave it out - it will make you feel better! I'm assuming that is what you meant!!!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Hey! You guys watch your fucking mouths! This is a god damn family blog!

Yeah, the neighbor's lawn looks bad. And what was with them ringing the doorbell and parking IN FRONT of our driveway at 1130pm on Saturday night?

I think you should apply for Survivor again. Do you have any ideas? Just please don't stage that one Monopoly scene again - that sucked picking up all those pieces...

I've already told you what I think you should do with the dumb client.

But we had fun playing SUper Rub a Dub while your friends played poker!

I miss surfing the net in the living room too. It makes clan night easier for me to tolerate.

On a different note - when do I get MY interview questions? You can't respond to a meme and NOT follow the rules...

MrManuel said...

Nani - Yeah, I win a lot, but it still makes it no better when you lose and it really wasn't your fault

Seb - Absolutely. I can usually overcome it, but not when it happens so many times in one game

babybull - Glad ou joined in!

Evil E - Hot neighbors rock. I had some in college

Mom - I don't mind writing about them

mrs - Fine, I will get you the interview questions this week!

Battlerocker said...

I hope your week gets better. I hate it when poker goes badly.

Sebastien Millon said...

By the way, did you catch Suns/Spurs last night?! What a game, can't believe the Suns came up with that victory!

MrManuel said...

battlerocker - Me too!

Seb - Yup, I watched it. Interesting ending