Monday, May 21, 2007

The Five Things That Pissed Me Off Last Week #10

I wasn't very pissy last week. Most of this was simply sports related:

#5 - The Golden State Warriors were eliminated from the playoffs. They gave us some good excitement and since the Kings weren't in the playoffs, they were the closest thing to having a team in the playoffs. They seemed a little outclassed there at the end.

#4 - The Suns got screwed in the playoffs. Granted, a rule is a rule, but when Amare and Boris set a few steps on the court after their teammate was the victim of a cheapshot, it turned the series around. The automatic suspension rule needs to be looked at a little more closely. I liked both teams and was just cheering for good games, but I don't like things like this to determine a series.

#3 - Manchester United lost in the FA Cup Final to Chelsea 1-0. A few weeks ago, they were close to winning a league title, the FA Cup, and the Champions League. Today, I can say that all they won was the league title. A little disappointing.

#2 - Last week I got the new ac adapter in the mail, but it wasn't a perfect fix. The next item will explain what was wrong, but what pisses me off about the ac adapter is that the one I ordered ended up being a used one. Not only was it used, but it looked like it had been in a laptop that fried because the ac connection was fried with some burn marks around the edges. I will never order from this company again.

#1 - I had to pay $150 to fix my laptop. I guess I shouldn't be too pissed because it was a good price AND, it was back to me in 24 hours. The guy told me that when he took it apart, some connection from the mother board to the DC connector or something like that had broke. So, he had to do a bunch of work, some soldering, some replacing, and now it is back to me. He even fixed the ac adapter from #2. Bottom line, my laptop is back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was incensed about the Suns game too. Robert Horry is a pain in the ass!
I don't understand how something "breaks" inside a laptop!

Sebastien Millon said...

Ah, this is where you talk some b-ball!

Yeah, the suspension was frustrating, especially since Bowen had been cheap shotting throughout the series and never got suspended. But the Suns players broke a rule, a silly inflexible rule, but these things happen... and the Spurs are a very good team, Duncan was amazing.

And I loved watching the Warriors play, but in that Utah series, I got a bit frustrated with them, always whining after calls and not getting back on defense because they'd be complaining to the ref... I'm cheering for Utah now, I like that team, hope they beat the Spurs, but it's highly unlikely.

Anonymous said...

Sports really does get the blood going. I have nothing to complain about in that area right now. The Tribe is in first, the Cavs are in the Eastern Conf. finals, and the Steelers (yes, I hate the Browns)are the Steelers, they have a tradition of winning.

Technology rules.....a person's life that is.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

Ah, glorious laptop, how I missed you too. It's good to have you back, little convenient, portable bundle of entertainment.

Mom said...

Glad it was a better week for you. Love you lots!

MrManuel said...

Nani - It breaks when it is flimsy to begin with and then is pushed in the wrong way.

Seb - I am a life long Jazz hater. I hope they get swept.

Evil E - That is so true about technology

Mrs - See, I knew you needed it in your life

Mom - Yeah, not too bad