Friday, May 25, 2007

Day 98

Back again once is the Incredible!!!

Did ya miss me?

So, after sucking down this mint chocolatey shake and finally shaving my head of this dreaded hair I have had to grow for 2 months I decided to come back home. Ya that was a run-on sentence, but I am outta practice and in need of a few days to wear off this rust. Where have I been you ask? No where in particular. I had plenty of things to write about, but I just never got around to them. For me anyways, once I have the idea I have to write it down as quickly as possible or else I risk it becoming irrelevant. That is what happened time and again. The result? This and many more to come of the daily ramblings of me.

It's late and I am tired so I leave with this thought. It only took me 28 years and one very special friend, but I am starting to accept certain things about people that I just couldn't in the past. My heroes have failings and flaws and I have to be able to say that it is okay. Mistakes are apart of the growth process. Only recently did I start making any, so now I can finally start to grow. Laugh that was the joke section of the rant! I can move on now and get over the actions of my friends and family that I once perceived to be unthinkable. Cause in 4 hours it will be time to work. Cause it will be time to hit the beach soon. Cause it will be tip-off time. Cause I will be 29 soon. Cause the other approach didn't work out so well. Cause I don't want anymore regrets than I already have.

UFC 71
Quinton Jackson vs Chuck Liddell
Get ready for it kids. "AND NEW Light heavyweight champion of the world......................Rampage Jackson!

Day 97 begins.
Thanks Maria. I owe you one.

5 comments:

Sebastien Millon said...

It's hard accepting that, about mistakes and such things like that, sometimes we like to stick to our illusions and it's hard to accept the truth, or even see the truth.

I'm intrigued by the UFC stuff, I'm not familiar with it, but it seems like an exciting sport. Although, I can't believe I'm saying this, it seems a little too gruesome for my tastes!

Miss Sassy Pants said...

It's funny - as we grow up we put our parents on pedestals. As we ourselves become adults, we are forced to see our parents for what they really are - human beings who have flaws and sometimes make mistakes. Even at 29 years old it still pains me to realize this about my parents. I hope this will always be the case though - which means they haven't ever hurt me enough to be completely knocked off the pedestal I originally put them on in childhood.

Mom said...

Glad to have you back Rich and to know who you are. It's a hard realization sometimes to accept yourself for who you are and what you have done.

MrManuel said...

As your hero, I am glad you realize that I have some flaws. I am pretty much perfect, but not totally. :-)

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Acceptance is the first step.. my family always is making mistakes.. but they have to learn the hard way..I don't always like them.. but I can still love them..