Monday, May 07, 2007

The Five Things That Pissed Me Off Last Week #8

"Oh I'm back, the fog has lifted
The earth has shifted
and raised the gifted
You knew I'd be back
so pack your bone And hit the road jack
cause daddy's home..."


I'm back and better than ever. Sorry for my long absense and I promise to visit all of your sites by the end of the day. In fact, that is a guarantee. I have PLENTY that pissed me off last week. Here it is narrowed down to five!

#5 - One of my clients is an idiot. She makes me waste so much time because she can't get her shit together. Last week she did more of that, but it almost expected now. What I didn't expect is that I found an error I made on her stuff and now I have to go back and spend time and redo it. CRAP!

#4 - Manchester United lost 3-0 in the semi fianls of the Champions League on Wednesday. They had beaten the team 3-2 the previous week and only needed a tie then proceeded to get outclassed in the second leg of their match. They did win the English League title this past weekend, but I wanted the Treble (3 championship titles in one season).

#3 - I was sick as you all know. Luckliy, I have a pretty good immune system and I recover quickly. I was sick as a dog on Wednesdy morning, but by Wdnesday night, I feel I was at 75% and by Friday, I feel I was pretty much back to 100%. How is that for recovery?

#2 - Had to take Jessica to the emergency room on Thursday for what turned out to probably be a major migraine. She never gets them, but she couldn't see clearly , was dizzy, and had a lot of trouble walking. More concerned about her ability to see than the headache, I took her in early Thursday morning. She got check out, got a CT scan as a precaution, etc. What pisses me off is that the doctor there asked us to go to our opthomologist that day to make sure everything was ok with her eyes. We called and they told us we needed our promary care physician's office to send a referral for that first. When we told them we were a) in the emergency room and b) that it would take some time to get the doctor to actually send one, they wouldn't budge. Screw them. We found another one willing to take us in that afternoon.

#1 - Easy, being away from the computer all week. I hated not being able to check your sites all week. I hated not being able to sit on the sofa and surf while I watch tv. I hated being stuck in the back room when I needed the computer. My laptop isn't fixed yet, but I am scheduled to rceive my new ac adapter today from Fed Ex. If that doesn't solve the problem and it is going to have to be taken into the shop, my anger might cause some kind of ripple in time and space.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better.
Sorry Jess got a migraine. I hope she never suffers another.

npanth said...

Glad to see you back up and about... you got your ire back, too ;) Your five things would make me mad, too. After working in a school district for 11 years, I have a pretty good immune system. The only thing that gets through the defense screen seems to be those daycare bioweapons that my coworkers bring into the office.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Welcome back and that's great you started to feel better so quickly..
I hope Jeesica is feeling back up to snuff.. Nothing like a horrible Migraine to make us suffer...Glad it all worked out.. Hope this week is much better than last..

Anonymous said...

Your illness and Jessica's migranes can make for a crappy week. Throw in stupid clients and MU losing and that just ices it. Hope you are all set to get back to the world. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Your # 2 reminds me of when I scratched my eye.
So here is the story...early one Monday morning at like 2:00 in the morning I had fallen asleep in my contacts well I woke up all of a sudden in the worst pain, my contact was stuck under my eyelid, I was frantic and in trying to get my contact out I scratched my eye. So later that day I called the eye doctor to get an appt to have my eye looked at. They told me the same thing...I needed to have a referral from my primary physician before I could be seen. So I called my regular doctor and they wouldn't give me a referral without seeing but they couldn't get me in to see the doctor until Thursday...I was like no my eye hurts, I scratched it I need to be seen today! I couldn't get in. So I called the eye doctor back and told them what my doctor had said. I asked them if I could just pay them extra money to be seen. SO it ends up that in order to be seen that same day I had to pay over $100 to get some eye drops for my eyes to help the scratch heal. It pissed me off so I feel your pain!

Sebastien Millon said...

I'm glad you guys are ok, wow! Doctors' offices can be soooo ridiculous, as you can imagine, I have had many frustrating experiences with this sort of thing, haha!!!

Mom said...

Sorry for the bad week dear. Hope this week is better. By the end of the week it was better - you got to see your momma!

~A said...

Wow that's enough stuff to give anyone a horrible week. Glad you made it through.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

The migraine was a migraine from hell! As someone who (thankfully) doesn't suffer from them, having one THAT bad was scary. If this were MY list, that would have been #1 for sure! But infinity thank yous, Manuel, for spending the day with me and taking care of me. You are the best husband a girl could ask for.

MrManuel said...

Nani - Me too!

Npanth - Daycare bioweapons! Classic!

babybull - I hope so too!

evil e - I thought I was set! More to come...

Cass - Yeah, maybe me need to go elsewhere..

seb - I am sure you have many stories!

mom - that makes it all better

aprill - Thanks! Hope you are doing well...

Mrs - Don't mention it.

Anonymous said...

I sense much anger in you, young padawan

:p