Friday, May 11, 2007

My questions

I had had these a while, but with my computer problems which are STILL going (mor eon this next week) and my sickness, I never got to these. Here are the questions Sonja chose to ask me. Maybe you will learn some more about me:



1. If you had children, what would you like to name them? Well, as a couple who badly wants children and have been trying for almost three years now, we talk of names often. For a girl, we are thing something like Olivia Grace, Madison, and I feel like there are 2 others, but I can't think of them. For boys, it has been a little more interesting. We know the middle name will be Adam after Jessica's cousin who died in a car accident. For a first name, I think we might go with Mason or Ethan. I thought it would be fun to name him something strong like Thor or heck, even just Hulk, but I don't think i will win that. I suggested Axl Gunner, but she knew I was 90% joking. Or maybe 80%.


2. Besides your wedding day, what was the happiest day of your life? Hmm...that is a toss up. Probably a tie between my college graduation day and the day my little ister was born. Looking back, I felt more joy on the day I graduated. It was hard work and this was a celebration of what I had. My sister being born was exciting, but doesn't become as important as it is now until much later. When a sibling is born, you don't know how he/she will turn out. Now that I know she is the best sister I could possibly ask for, it makes the day that much mroe special. The day I got my PS3 was pretty special too.

3. If you could join any band currently popular today, which would it be? Crap, I have no idea. I don't need to join a band to pick up girls so a boy band is out. You know what I think would be really fun to do...join Weird Al's band. I am sure he is a riot. Sure, I won't make quite as much as if I joined U2 or some other global band, but I think it would be just plain fun.


4. Have you lived in Northern California your whole life? Well, for the most part. I was born in Torrance down south and lived in Gardena(I think that would be correct??) until I was 2. Then I moved up here to Sacramento. I have lived here pretty much the whole rest of the time except 3 years that i lived in Davis 30 minutes away when I was "away" at college. I like it here. Summer gets way too hot, but I think I would enjoy staying here.


5. You like to read when you can. What is your favorite genre and author? Novels, my favorite are mysteries/thrillers. I like trying to figure out who is the killer/what is going on/etc. My favorite author is James Patterson. The stories are very simple to read - probably 10th grade reading level at the very most. I like his very short chapters - each one only about 3-4 pages. The short chapters actually keep you reading more than a long chapter might. With long chapters, I look and see that I have 20 more pages and sigh. With small chapters, I finish one and say to myself, ok, just one more, just one more.

Thanks Sonja!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I know you so much better now. :-)
I'm am actually thrilled and delighted that a girl may actually be named Olivia Grace. I love that name and have wanted an Olivia forever. Still praying and hoping a little one makes an appearance soon.

PurpleOceanMoon said...

I like the name Jennifer. I REALLY like the Hulk!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Did you hear that everybody!I'm the best sister ever!! : )

It helps to be the best sister if I have the best brother ever!

Really that comment made me tear up a little bit. That's not fair!

Love you big brother!

Anonymous said...

Very thoughful answers to my questions. I love this meme because as Nani said, it helps us to know each other better. I just got the questions you sent me and I'll answer them next week!

I love that you love your sister so much. I'm an only child and sometimes feel I have missed out on something special.

Sebastien Millon said...

Axl Gunner, haha, I love that one!

I also really liked how you snuck in getting a PS3 as one of the greatest days of your life, haha, cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

Hulk and Axl Gunner would both be good names, one could hope for twin boys and use them both right away.

Miss Sassy Pants said...

People, COME ON!! PLEASE don't encourage him on those crazy names!

And another girl name we talk about is Sophia. Sophia Grace. Sounds so elegant, huh?

One of the reasons I fell in love with Manuel was his relationship with his sister. He has always loved her so much and treated her so well.

And believe me, I noticed the PS3 days was snuck in there too. I said to him, while holding up fingers, "Wedding day, college graduation, sister being born, video games." He laughed...

Mom said...

Damn you all. You guys all made me cry. I love my kids because the are the best ever but I love them even more because they love each other so much! And you know what Jess - Cassie loves you too!!! Good answers dear! Not a surprise because you are my son, but it was still nice to read.

MrManuel said...

Nani - We hope so too

POM - Hulk rules

Cass - Love you

Sonja - Thanks again

Seb - Oh, you caught that?

Evil E - I could be so lucky

Mrs - Sphia! That's right

Mom - Softie